Terminal Manager (Edmonton, AB)
Trimac Transportation is a leader in the bulk transportation industry with over 140 locations throughout Canada and the US. The average age of our fleet hovers around 5 years with innovative in-cab technology to assist with safety, route planning, fuel usage, and communication.
Terminal Managers are the main touchpoint with our professional drivers and our local customers. They are vital in ensuring our drivers have everything they need to perform their jobs safely and professionally. They also have the critical task of timely and effective communication with our drivers to solve any problems or answer any questions they may have. They do this through the collaboration with other teams and being a conduit of information with the Company.
This role reports to an Area Manager and interacts with Company Drivers, Independent Contractors, Service Centers, management, Safety, Human Resources, and local customers.
- Working with Recruiting and Sales departments to ensure proper driver levels based on revenue projections, new business, and projected turnover
- Supporting driver retention and working with Human Resources on initiatives based on turnover trends
- Performance management and annual performance reviews of drivers, including the setting of measurable goals
- Understanding and upholding Independent Contractors' contracts and understanding and applying local collective bargaining agreements, where applicable
- Working collaboratively with the Service Centers to ensure efficient and fair dispatching of drivers
- Ensuring compliance with company policies & procedures
- Responding to and creating solutions for driver complaints or concerns
- Coaching and mentoring drivers with an emphasis on open communication
- Staying connected with and responding to concerns of local customers
- Grow our local customer based through exceptional market knowledge
- Collaborating with the Safety Trainer and attending all safety meetings
- Ensuring the terminal is organized, clean and free of safety hazards
- Conducting regular Ride Alongs with drivers
- Ensuring we have the correct amount of assets at the facility to properly handle all business opportunities
- Work directly with Shop and Washrack operation to expedite the fleet readiness.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Strong Leader - Collaborative, understands their impact on people, acts with integrity, respectfully holds people accountable, focused on continuous improvement
- Coach and Mentor - Offer support and guidance to employees but also have the ability to provide respectful constructive feedback on performance concerns when required
- Communicator - Strong interpersonal skills with all levels of an organization
- Good judgement - A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions
- Problem solver - Identifies and resolves problems proactively and is comfortable working in an environment of "influencing without authority" to resolve conflict
- 5-7 years of related experience and/or training.
- Minimum 2 years of management experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the transportation industry.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in a variety of systems and software.
- Entrepreneurial business orientation and a demonstrated achievement in bottom-line results.
- Experience in bulk and/or hazardous commodities is desirable.
The minimum education or formal training for this position include the following:
- Mandatory High School Diploma
- Preferred Associates or Bachelors Degree
TRIMAC SAFETY COMMITMENTS
- We make safety a part of every decision
- We make safety personal
- We have the courage to intervene
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
We appreciate your interest and taking the time to apply, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you!