Are you a highly motivated self-starter who continually looks for new opportunities and initiatives to drive change across the organization? Are you looking for a creative, challenging job that contributes to your community's way of life in a stable industry? Are you highly collaborative and believe that the best results are achieved through strong relationships and partnerships? Trimac is a North American company with over 75 years of history that is geared to embrace a changing, technology driven future and we're looking for candidates who want to join us on our journey!
The Service Manager is responsible for the evaluation and development of processes and procedures for washrack, shop and environmental activities. This individual will also be responsible for the local development of commercial shop and washrack business.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Ensure the cleaning techs and mechanics have proper instruction and procedures to perform their duties safely and efficiently.
- Respond to all cleaning techs concerns and act on them promptly as they relate to: Safety
Equipment and Facility
- Evaluate daily capacities and thru-puts on shop and washracks to determine any areas of improvement in efficiencies concerning cleaning processes and procedures.
- Coordinate and carry out solicitation of potential new commercial shop and washrack business.
- Manage existing commercial customers to ensure our washracks and shops are consistently meeting requirements. Communicate any problems associated with service to the Branch Manager with recommendations for improvements.
- Monitor chemical inventory level. Measure amount consumed relative to activity.
- Manage effluent disposal and ensure compliance with all environmental guidelines and regulations at a branch level.
- Maintain equipment according to company guidelines, along with Federal agency guidelines.
- Track and maintain inventory
- Develop new commercial maintenance and cleaning revenue.
- Track shop and washrack revenue numbers compared to plan and goals.
- Ensure cleaning tickets are approved and entered into the cleaning system on a timely basis.
- Where applicable ensure invoicing for commercial cleaning accounts is completed on a daily basis.
- Track productivity and KPI's on the washrack and report these to the Branch Manager.
- Ensure commercial accounts receivables are kept current.
- Ensure all work orders are approved and entered.
- Ensure the washracks and shops meet all customer requirements and any changes are communicated immediately.
- Service failure reports are recorded and brought to the attention of the Branch Manager or designate.
- Utilize sales report form to report commercial sales activity to the Branch Manager.
Safety and Regulatory
- Ensure all shop and washrack equipment meets regulatory and corporate compliance.
- Assist in ensuring processes allow cleaning techs and mechanics to complete their duties in a safe manner.
- Assist in ensuring safety equipment is available and in use by employees at all required times.
- Accountable for developing an environment that adheres to the companies Safety, Health, Environmental and Security policies
- Maintain process control and respond to needed or required changes as they occur.
- Maintain and control environmental regulations and report discrepancies to Branch Management.
- Maintain control of disposal activity with all wastes generated by the facility.
WHO YOU ARE
- Five to seven years of related experience and/or training
- Good knowledge of maintenance and tank wash industry
- Experience in bulk and/or hazardous commodities is desirable
- Advanced communication and managerial skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in computerized environment
- Good sales and customer development skills
- Understanding of marketing services
- High School Diploma required, post-secondary education preferred.
- Requires a minimum of five (5) years of management/operations experience in the transportation business.
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
We appreciate your interest and taking the time to apply, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you!