Service Manager (Fort McMurray, AB)
Are you a highly motivated self-starter who continually looks for new opportunities and initiatives to drive change across the organization? Are you looking for a creative, challenging job that contributes to your community's way of life in a stable industry? Are you highly collaborative and believe that the best results are achieved through strong relationships and partnerships? Trimac is a North American company with over 75 years of history that is geared to embrace a changing, technology driven future and we're looking for candidates who want to join us on our journey!
The Service Manager will be responsible for all aspects of a maintenance facility including its building, grounds, equipment, and personnel as well as the maintenance of all revenue equipment assigned to the Terminal.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Responsible for hiring, training, and supervision of all maintenance and washrack personnel.
- Ensure personnel are paid properly and overtime hours are closely monitored.
- Ensure shop personnel are properly trained and equipped to perform the required tasks.
- Develop leaders and build team onsite
Equipment and Facility:
- Coordinate the maintenance of all company and customer equipment.
- Manage maintenance programs to meet the specialized needs of equipment and hauling requirements.
- Maintain the equipment and facility in a safe and proper working order.
- Maintain knowledge of current equipment specifications and maintenance practices.
- Manage and control shop inventory, performing inventory audits as required.
- Monitor daily usage and the purchase of parts and supplies.
- Track maintenance costs and charges on a regular basis compared to the budget.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process.
Safety and Regulatory:
- Ensure all work is performed in a safe manner through regular interaction and observation of work
- Maintain all records of maintenance and testing to meet regulatory requirements.
- All environmental compliance, SWPPP, RCRA, Wastewater.
- 5years of related experience and/or training.
- Minimum 2 years of management experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of maintenance.
- Experience in bulk and/or hazardous commodities is desirable.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in a variety of systems and software.
- Mandatory High School Diploma.
- Relevant experience from previous jobs that would be required before entering this job, including time spent in formal apprenticeships.
TRIMAC SAFETY COMMITMENTS
- We make Safety a part of every decision
- We make Safety personal
- We have the courage to intervene
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.