At Trimac we change lives. We build futures for our employees. We believe employees are the backbone to everything that we do.
Our hauls are priceless. They ensure that you and your family have access to valuable necessities that you use in everyday life. Anything from the fuel needed for a cross-country vacation, the paint you used to prepare your new baby's room, or the cement for the driveway of your first home. No matter the role, we know that everyone working with us makes a difference in the lives of others. Here at Trimac, we have a story to tell. We are a company rich in history and with a large presence across North America. So, the question is, are you ready to change a life with Trimac?
Location: Calgary, AB
Schedule: Monday-Friday; 40 hours a week
This role will report directly to the Payroll Team Lead and interacts with many groups across the organization. One day you may be supporting a driver with questions regarding pay, the next may be working with a branch manager to sort out a payroll related issue for one of their employees. This role is fast paced so our ideal candidate is someone with a strong attention to detail and is a team player. The Payroll team works very collaboratively to ensure all deadlines are hit, and with accuracy!
- Processing bi-weekly and weekly North American hourly payroll (Driver/Owner
- Compile payroll earnings and deductions
- Validate and ensure accuracy and integrity of payroll data
- Prepare and distribute reports to operations and answer inquiries
- Communicate with a variety of internal and external parties (government agencies, unions, field stafe etc.)
- Process and maintain Record of Employments as legislated by Service Canada
- Maintain union due deductions as per union agreements
- Review/update documentation
- Year-end processes
- Other duties as required
- 2 years payroll or general office experience
- Basic understanding of accounting principles
- Experience with Excel an asset
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasking and time management skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Professional and Development Activities:
- Canadian Payroll Association designation is an asset.
- We make Safety a part of every decision.
- We make Safety personal.
- We have the courage to intervene.
We appreciate your interest and taking the time to apply, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you!