Trimac Transportation is a leader in the bulk transportation industry with over 140 locations throughout Canada and the US. The average age of our fleet hovers around 5 years with innovative in-cab technology to assist with safety, route planning, fuel usage, and communication.
Trimac offers career progression, competitive pay, benefits, and job security; 75 years is a legacy you want to be a part of!
Reporting to the Team Lead Network Operations, the Network Analyst is responsible for installation, configure and maintenance of all network hardware and components. Candidate should possess strong troubleshooting and communication skills. The work hours may vary due to remote sites that are in different time zones. Light to moderate physical activities should be expected and will require a physical presence in the office.
- Install, configure, and maintain network hardware.
- Assist with the implementation of network upgrades.
- Coordinate service, updates, repairs for network hardware.
- Assisting with miscellaneous tasks associated with the project.
- Monitor all network switches, routers, firewalls.
- Analyze and resolve technical issues that arises.
- Collaborate with vendors or third parties to resolve complex network problems.
- Develop documentation including updating asset and inventory databases with device and location information.
- Updating site documentation including network diagrams, pictures, and floorplans.
- Ability to configure, maintain, and deploy Cisco hardware including Meraki.
- Ability to configure, maintain and deploy FortiGate firewalls.
- Ability to prioritize multiple activities with tight deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing working conditions.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and produce quality work.
- Ability to be organized and follow a systematic method of performing a task.
- Solid knowledge of Routing protocols, Switching protocols and VPN.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Minimum three (3) years of network experience.
- CCNA Certification and experience with Cisco IOS and configurations via CLI
- Experience with Solarwinds IPAM, Intermapper, Lucidchat and Visio
- Experience with FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer and FortiGates (NSE 4 preferred).
- Experience with AWS / Azure networking is nice to have.
- We make safety a part of every decision
- We make safety personal
- We have the courage to intervene
We appreciate your interest and taking the time to apply, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you!