Washrack Technician - Calgary AB
Washrack Technician/Tank Cleaner
Speak with a Recruiter now! 1-866-4-TRIMAC
National Tank Services is currently accepting applications for a Washrack Technician at our Calgary, AB facility. Are you mechanically inclined? This is an excellent entry-level shop position.
The successful candidate under the supervision of Senior Lead Hand and Shop Foreman will operate the wash rack and conduct other routine shop related duties as assigned, in a safe and cost-effective manner.
Entry-Level Position Pay:
- $22.76-$26.60 per hour depending on experience
- Previous wash and mechanical experience is considered an asset
- Shifts 7-3:30pm and 3pm -11:30pm( Day and Afternoon shift)
- Weekend Shifts are Tuesday to Saturday and Sunday Thursday
Duties will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- External and Internal cleaning Trimac's fleet of tanker trailers and tractor trucks.
- Care and maintenance of all wash rack related equipment.
- General housekeeping - both in and around the wash rack. Example: Drain and sump cleaning.
- Operate vacuum truck if available.
- Internal flush/dry bulkers & inspection (non-edible). Hose testing/cleaning. Pump flush. Steam Cleaning.
- Drive equipment.
- Tank entry and confined space training
- Boiler operation and maintenance of pumps, blowers, etc.
- Identify wash orders to be completed and know your limitations.
- Comfortable working either indoor or outdoor and at heights over 20 ft. ( Appropriate gear is provided)
- Safe and professional work practices are mandatory.
- Capable of learning through on the job training.
- Demonstrate ability to read and understand written instructions and communications and write job reports, work order summaries and other record-keeping functions.
- Demonstrates self-control under pressure and maintains a positive attitude towards fellow employees.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment, exercise good judgment and common sense and conduct him/herself in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Must be physically fit and of reasonable strength and endurance to perform the duties required in a tanker trailer shop operation.
- Able to perform duties in all conditions both inside the shop and outside
- Industrial Wash bay and Steaming Experience an Asset.
- Grade 12 diploma.
- Must be capable of working in wet and humid conditions and exposure to normal wash rack cleaning materials.
- Basic understanding of shop safety, shop work practices, mechanical systems, and use of hand and power tools.
- Valid Class 1 Alberta driver’s license is an asset.
- May be required to work shift work.
- Must be ok working from heights over 20 ft.
Trimac Safety Commitments
We make safety a part of every decision
We make safety personal
We have the courage to intervene
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.