Journeyman Mechanic Fort McMurray, AB
Certified Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic
National Tank Services provides a competitive compensation and benefits package and the ability to grow and develop their employees. As a global leader in the Maintenance and wash rack industry, they are looking for an experienced Red Seal Mechanic to join their team in Fort McMurray, AB.
- Ability to perform CVIP inspections as required by the CSA B620 and the National Safety Code
- Ability to perform mechanical repairs as required. This is a service truck position. All work is done outside.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan and prioritize work and material requirements and operate independently.
- Shift 5 am to 5 pm / 2 weeks on 1 week off / Weeks run Weds to Tues / some daily overtime required in peaks
- Day rate of $575 which incl stats, OT extra ($62.49/hr after 12 hours), holiday pay can be banked
- $500 travel reimbursement provided / camp work / daily travel provided / Outside work
- Maintaining a fleet of 20 super B side dump trailers & 25 trucks and support equipment( light plants, pickups, loader, generator)
- Safe and professional work practices are mandatory.
- Demonstrate ability to read and understand written instructions and communications and write job reports, work order summaries and other record-keeping functions.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems (troubleshoot)
- Demonstrates self-control under pressure and maintains a positive attitude towards fellow employees.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Must be physically fit and of reasonable strength and endurance to perform the duties required in a tanker trailer shop operation.
- Able to perform duties in all weather conditions.
- Operation of hand tools
- Operation of air tools
- Strong and reliable work ethic
- Positive attitude & job performance
- Extended health benefits
- Pension plan
- Tool allowance
- Boot allowance
- Apprenticeship Subsidy Program
- Valid Class 1 Driver License - preferred but not required
- Journeyman “Red Seal” status
- May work above shoulder level with power and /or hand tools weighing 15 pounds or less and in confined spaces
- Must meet physical requirements of the position and have mobility, vision, hearing, and sense of smell and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties performed.
- May stand and walk on level and uneven surfaces, twist, bend, push, pull, crouch, climb stairs, bend and crawl, grasp, drag, lift and carry items weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Must be willing and able to work at heights up to 15 feet
A family-owned business for 75 years
2019 Top Fleet Employer
2018 & 2019 Supporter of Guard and Reserve in the US
2018 & 2019 Top Companies for Women to Work for in Transportation
Recognized with the Heil Award for Outstanding Safety Performance six times
Received the “Grand Award” for safety 11 out of 12 times by National Tank Truck Carriers
Nominated three years in a row as one of the “Best Fleets to Drive For” by the Truckload Carriers Association
Trimac Safety Commitments
- We make Safety a part of every decision
- We make Safety personal
- We have the courage to intervene
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.