Journeyman Mechanic Shop Lead - Mississauga, ON
310T Journeyman/woman Mechanic Shop Lead
We’re looking for a Shop Lead for our shop in Mississauga, ON. If you’re looking for a safety-oriented company, partner with National Tank Services!
National Tank Services, a division of Trimac, is a North American leader in the cleaning and maintenance industry. With over 39 locations, National Tank Services offers career progression, competitive pay, benefits, and job security. Our four-tiered Mechanic Development Plan offers unprecedented flexibility as your hard work and experience is reflected in your pay as you move through our positions.
Mechanic Shop Lead Pay: Base rate is $34.00 per hour. Shift premium of $1.00 per hour for afternoons/evenings, $5.00 per hour for weekends.
Hours: 3 shifts, 4 day work weeks
- Monday to Thursday 5 AM to 3:30 PM
- Monday to Thursday 3:30 PM to 1:30 AM
- Friday to Sunday 7:00 AM to 7:30 PM
Mechanic Shop Lead Benefits:
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Extended health benefits
- Pension plan
- Consistent, year-round work
- Tool allowance after 1 year of service ($500)
- Boot allowance after 1 year of service ($175)
- Supervise work performed to ensure targets are met
- Preventative maintenance on trailers and commercial trailers/trucks
- Ensure computer work and documentation is detailed, accurate and completed on time
- Follow safety and use of proper PPE
- Follow procedures, Assign work to technicians and complete various mechanical repairs.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Positive work ethic and attitude
- Diesel Mechanic Journeyman ‘Red Seal’ 310J and 310T
- Ability to diagnose, repair and modify air, electric, brake and suspension system.
Other Job Details:
- May work above shoulder level with power and /or hand tools weighing 15 pounds or less and in confined spaces
- Must meet physical requirements of the position and have mobility, vision, hearing, and sense of smell and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties performed
- May stand and walk on level and uneven surfaces, twist, bend, push, pull, crouch, climb stairs, bend and crawl, grasp, drag, lift and carry items weighing 50lbs or less
- Must be willing and able to work at heights up to 15ft
Past 10 years without:
- Driving violation involving the consumption of illegal or intoxicating substances
Trimac Safety Commitments
We make safety a part of every decision
We make safety personal
We have the courage to intervene
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.