Heavy Duty Journeyman Mechanic Hardisty, AB
Heavy-duty Journeyman/woman 310T Truck/Trailer Mechanic
Trimac Energy Services Shop provides a competitive compensation and benefits package and the ability to grow and develop their employees. As a global leader in the Maintenance and wash rack industry, they are looking for an experienced Heavy Duty Journeyman Mechanic to join their team in Hardisty, AB!
310T Mechanic Summary:
Under the general direction of the Shop Foremen, this incumbent will utilize Journeyman (310T) level technical knowledge and expertise to perform complex mechanical tasks in the repair, maintenance, inspection and certification of Trimac Energy's tanker trailer fleet with minimal supervision.
All tasks and assignments must follow established procedures in a professional, safe and cost-effective manner.
- Ability to perform inspections as required by the CSA B620 and the National Safety Code
- Ability to perform mechanical repairs as required on both Tractors and Trailers in a fleet environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan and prioritize work and material requirements and operate independently.
- Expected to plan and supervise the activities of junior staff assigned to them.
- On-Road Technician with experience with Fleet Repairs and Servicing. The shift is 8 on and 6 off. 10-hour shifts. Tuesday to Tuesday
- Journeyman rate $ 42.93 per hour
- Maintain equipment in a professional manner
- Follow policies & procedures
- Work safely, using directed PPE
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion as to the Standard Repair Time Guidelines
- Maintain fleet equipment
- Drive and Shunt equipment
- Complete Apprenticeship Training Highway Truck and/or Trailer
- Operation of hand tools
- Operation of air tools
- Strong and reliable work ethic
- Positive attitude & job performance
- Extended health benefits
- Pension plan
- Tool allowance
- Boot allowance
- Apprenticeship Subsidy Program
- Valid Class 1 Driver License - preferred but not required
- Training to obtain Journeyman “Red Seal” status
- May work above shoulder level with power and /or hand tools weighing 15 pounds or less and in confined spaces
- Must meet physical requirements of the position and have mobility, vision, hearing, and sense of smell and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties performed.
- May stand and walk on level and uneven surfaces, twist, bend, push, pull, crouch, climb stairs, bend and crawl, grasp, drag, lift and carry items weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Must be willing and able to work at heights up to 15 feet
- Grade 12 or equivalent
Trimac's Safety Commitments
- We make safety a part of every decision
- We make safety personal
- We have the courage to intervene
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.