Entry Level Environmental Technician - Spartanburg, SC
Entry Level Environmental Technician
Speak with a Recruiter now! 1-866-8-TRIMACNational Tank Services, a division of Trimac, is a North American leader in the cleaning and maintenance industry. With over 39 locations, National Tank Services offers career progression, competitive pay, benefits, and job security. We are currently seeking an Environmental Technician for our shop in Spartanburg, SC. If you’re looking for a safety-oriented company, partner with National Tank Services!
The Environmental Technician is responsible for the physical-chemical pre-treatment of water and wastewater; controls the quality of water discharged to a POTW or into the natural environment; operates and maintains the processes, disposal and testing equipment in the wastewater treatment area to treat water to meet permit limits and operational requirements; and perform routine operational, maintenance and custodial duties in the wastewater treatment area.
Pay Rate: To be discussed
- Assist in the operation of the wastewater treatment system process equipment to meet permit limits
- Assist in performing field tests or collecting and testing wastewater samples for internal process control and to determine a specific daily treatment regimen. Document all test results and process control changes daily
- Monitor levels and replenish chemicals to treat wastewater or other liquids
- Inspect equipment on a regular basis. Keep records of equipment inspection and status of equipment
- Monitor and record wastewater treatment system operating conditions, meters, and gauges and other process control data
- Assist in the operation of equipment to process or dispose of chemical waste to meet permit limits
- Clean and maintain equipment, tanks, filter beds, and other work areas to meet manufacturers recommendations and operating requirements
- Assist in performing minor repairs on equipment and ensure other necessary repairs or maintenance is completed using internal or third-party sources
- Assist with collecting samples and routine lab tests in accordance with the discharge permit. Ensure that samples/tests collected are sent to the third-party lab for testing as required by the discharge permit.
- Document and report test results internally and/or to regulatory agencies as required by the discharge permit
- Assist with completing all tasks necessary to meet stormwater permitting requirements
- Follow U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations as well as state and local regulatory agencies having jurisdiction over the worksite and processes
- Assist with performing solid Waste Disposal management duties, including collection, shipping, labelling, documentation, tracking, inspections, etc.
- Ensure all safety processes and policies are followed to standard
- Fulfil all duties of the Lead Environmental Technician, under the direction of the Service Manager, in the absence of the Lead Environmental Technician
- Ability to work independently and with others to accomplish discharge permit requirements
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to learn and independently operate assigned machines and equipment meeting or exceeding processing and quality targets.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to learn and perform proper procedures for handling and disposal of hazardous waste materials.
- Demonstrate ability to learn and independently operate equipment such as pumps, engines, centrifuge, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, odour control, disinfection equipment, sludge processing filters, belt presses and measuring/control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment.
- Must have the ability to diagnose process and mechanical problems in single or multiple unit processes, troubleshoot basic equipment and take corrective action within policy and procedure limitations.
- Demonstrate ability to learn processes specific to the position.
- Possess environmental care and concern.
- Possess mathematical aptitude.
- Must be process-driven, problem solving using formal processes as the main approach.
- Possess knowledge of tools and equipment used to repair and maintain equipment.
- Identifies and resolves problems proactively and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the care and use of all site-specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
- Possesses and demonstrates the ability to perform assigned tasks in a manner that adheres to the companies Safety, Health, Environmental and Security policies.
- High School Diploma required
- No or minimal experience required
- Heavy Work - exerting up to 50-100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or 20-50 lbs. of force frequently
- No previous driving record involving the consumption of illegal or intoxicating substances in the past 10 years
- Must meet physical requirements of the position and have mobility, vision, hearing, and sense of smell and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties performed
- May stand and walk on a level and uneven surfaces, twist, bend, push, pull, crouch, climb stairs, bend and crawl, grasp, drag, lift and carry items weighing 50 lbs or less
Trimac Safety Commitment
- We make Safety a part of every decision
- We make Safety personal
- We have the courage to intervene
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Branch Location: 256 Tucapau Road Duncan, SC 29334