Internship - Operations
Term: May 1, 2024 - Aug 31, 2024
Location: La Porte, TX
Are you a highly motivated self-starter who continually looks for new opportunities and initiatives to drive change across the organization? Are you looking for a creative, challenging job that contributes to your community's way of life in a stable industry? Are you highly collaborative and believe that the best results are achieved through strong relationships and partnerships? Trimac is a North American company with over 75 years of history that is geared to embrace a changing, technology-driven future and we're looking for candidates who want to join us on our journey!
Trimac Transportation is looking for an Operations intern to support the goals of the organization around trip standards, MPG, and maintenance as well as process discipline surrounding workflow.
The Intern will be reporting to the Terminal Manager.
- Trip standards and corrective action implementation.
- Billing audits and corrective action implementation.
- MPG audit by driver/unit and corrective action implementation.
- Maintenance audit and corrective action implementation.
- Workflow audits and corrective action implementation.
- Knowledge of principles in analytics, planning, with good problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills at the business level.
- Ability to adapt between independent and team projects, in the role of member/leader/mentor.
- Ability to manage time among multiple assignments in a busy, fast-paced work environment.
- Current student in Supply Chain Management, Business, or equivalent field.
- Ability to travel to the La Porte, TX location.