HR Business Partner - Hybrid
Reporting to the HRBP Director, the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP), People & Culture works as a strategic partner and internal advisor with assigned business units to drive initiatives that impact employee engagement, organizational effectiveness, talent management, employee/labour relations, performance, operational efficiency, and culture.
As a trusted advisor, the HRBP provides coaching and counsel to leaders on human resources solutions that contribute to the overall goals of the business unit and supports a high performing and engaged working environment.
Location: Edmonton, AB
Trimac was awarded new business in Alberta and will be growing our HR Business Partner team. This hybrid position will be out of Edmonton, Alberta, working closely with Business Partners located in Calgary, AB.
This position is responsible for the following (but not limited to):
- Partners with the leaders to identify and understand the strategic people issues specific to the business unit and provides advice and expertise to develop short- and long-term business strategies, solutions and actions that support the achievement of business and organizational objectives
- Administers and manages labor/union contracts; provides interpretation of labor contracts to managers, employees and HR staff; oversees processes for review and resolution of employee grievances
- Attends and takes on an active role in negotiations for both collective bargaining agreements and association agreements
- Acts as an advisor by providing advice and/or coaching on confidential and complex HR issues
- Partners in the execution and management of various programs in the areas of employee engagement and retention, talent management, succession planning, performance management, rewards and recognition and compensation
- Conducts investigations and resolves sensitive employee issues and complaints
- Leads and/or participates in key People projects that support business goals; champions change by partnering with business leaders to develop timely communication and action plans
- Promotes a culture of inclusion with a focus on employee engagement, diversity and inclusion programs
- Develop strategies to increase talent retention, identify top performers and strategize on appropriate retention plans
- Uses data to measure and manage key performance metrics (turnover, engagement, etc); analyses trends and develops proactive actions to further support business objectives
- Manages specific projects as determined by the HR Leadership team and participates in functional and cross-functional initiatives. Works with Operations and Risk Management team in managing WCB/WSIB claims and participates in the return-to-work process ensuring employees transition safely into their pre-injury jobs
- Facilitating job evaluations with business leaders to ensure consistency and equity
- Engages legal counsel to ensure legal compliance in matters such as (ex. legal demand letters, lawsuits, labour relations board complaints, discrimination claims etc.)
- Ensure compliance with national, state and local labor laws
- Maintains currency of emerging trends and best practices in HR
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related post-secondary equivalent; SHRM/CPHR or other related professional certification is an asset
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant human resources experience
- Hands on experience with union negotiations, arbitration, and collective bargaining agreements
- Minimum of 2 years with Union negotiations and Labor Relations
- Sound knowledge of all HR disciplines including performance management, employee/labour relations, employee engagement, talent management and compensation
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching and influencing skills across all levels and functions
- Big picture thinker who brings an innovative and creative approach
- Strong consultative, influencing and negotiation skills
- Capacity to navigate ambiguity and find creative solutions
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Collaborative, proactive and results oriented
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience working in a unionized environment (asset)
- Exceptional customer service skills
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive compensation packages
- Generous group health insurance plan
- Access to our virtual healthcare platform LifeWorks
- Inclusive, inspiring and dynamic work environment
- Hybrid work environment
- In-house training programs
- Referral program
- And much more!
TRIMAC SAFETY COMMITMENTS
- We make Safety a part of every decision.
- We make Safety personal.
- We have the courage to intervene.
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
We appreciate your interest and taking the time to apply, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you!