Financial Planning Analyst
Financial Planning Analyst (Calgary, AB)
Are you a highly motivated self-starter who continually looks for new opportunities and initiatives to drive change across the organization? Are you looking for a creative, challenging job that contributes to your community's way of life in a stable industry? Are you highly collaborative and believe that the best results are achieved through strong relationships and partnerships? Trimac is a North American company with over 75 years of history that is geared to embrace a changing, technology-driven future and we're looking for candidates who want to join us on our journey!
Reporting to the Strategic Planning Manager, the Financial Planning Analyst will be responsible for developing models, analyzing data, conducting research, and developing strategies to help Trimac achieve its short-term and long-term financial goals. The primary focus will be on capital planning, mergers and acquisitions, treasury, and short/long-term forecasting.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are excellent with interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate with others at all levels within the organization
- You have an excellent business and technical understanding of financial processes
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and coordinate a diverse set of activities to meet targets.
- You can identify key barriers and apply problem-solving skills to deal creatively with complex situations.
- You are detail-oriented.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment as well as independently.
- Perform financial modeling/Discounted Cash Flow to support the M&A team in evaluating potential transactions and related negotiating strategies.
- Participate in due diligence efforts, including reviewing financial statements, conducting industry analysis, and identifying risks and opportunities.
- Develop and maintain financial models to support the capital planning process, including analyzing cash flows, ROI, and payback periods.
- Working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders, preparing business cases for capital investment proposals, including financial analysis, strategic rationale, and risk assessment.
- Monitor and track capital expenditures to ensure they align with approved budgets and financial objectives, identifying gaps and recommendations concerning overages or major changes to capital forecasts.
- Support the development and maintenance of forecasts and reporting that reflect company objectives and capabilities, strategic initiatives, and external fundamentals.
- Perform cash flow analysis and forecasting to ensure adequate liquidity for daily operations, capital expenditures, and debt service.
- Assist with day-to-day treasury activities including cash flow and daily transactions, and bank account management
- Support the development of materials for ongoing reporting and dialogue with senior leaders, and the company's board of directors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field of study required.
- 3 Years in planning, evaluation, business, and transportation; high-potential individuals could be considered with fewer years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- We make Safety a part of every decision.
- We make Safety personal.
- We have the courage to intervene.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 173196