Database Administrator(Calgary, AB)
Are you a highly motivated self-starter who continually looks for new opportunities and initiatives to drive change across the organization? Are you looking for a creative, challenging job that contributes to your community's way of life in a stable industry? Are you highly collaborative and believe that the best results are achieved through strong relationships and partnerships? Trimac is a North American company with over 75 years of history that is geared to embrace a changing, technology-driven future and we're looking for candidates who want to join us on our journey!
Reporting to the Team Lead Database Administrator, the Database Administrator position is responsible for overseeing the maintenance and security measures of the company databases. this includes monitoring and updating protection software, creating account data, organizing various databases, and ensuring functionality.This position interacts with various departments and works with upper management and IT staff to help achieve organizational growth and profitability goals.
WHO YOU ARE
- Practical experience with SQL tuning, database management, and maintenance, backups, restores, and recovery.
- Experience with current and previous versions of SQL Server and services (SSAS, SSRS, SSIS)
- Working knowledge of transactional replication
- Proficient in SQL
- Familiar with Change Management processes, versioning software, and tools.
- Able to efficiently handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, and effectively prioritize issues and needs while remaining detail-oriented in a fast-paced environment adapting to changing priorities.
- Work well in a team environment, while managing own responsibilities.
- Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of staff and senior management, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to analyze problems, propose solutions, and manage issues to resolution.
- Design and implement SQL server instances and SQL databases.
- Production maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Perform database changes, patches/upgrades, recovery, and migration.
- SQL tuning and query optimization.
- Standard development, tasks such as importing data; creating and modifying tables, views, and functions; developing stored procedures and using dynamic SQL.
- Develop, implement, and document database standards and security policies.
- Participate in disaster recovery scenarios.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Contribute ideas and solutions to the team to support business needs.
- Availability to participate in on-call rotation and occasional working outside of the standard.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field of study required.
- 5 years SQL DBA experience running in virtual environments.
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring, documenting, and supporting MS SQL Server.
- We make Safety a part of every decision.
- We make Safety personal.
- We have the courage to intervene.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 194689