Compensation Advisor(Calgary, AB)
**Growing New Business**
Are you a highly motivated self-starter who continually looks for new opportunities and initiatives to drive change across the organization? Are you looking for a creative, challenging job that contributes to your community's way of life in a stable industry? Are you highly collaborative and believe that the best results are achieved through strong relationships and partnerships? Trimac is a North American company with over 75 years of history that is geared to embrace a changing, technology-driven future and we're looking for candidates who want to join us on our journey!
As a member of our award-winning People & Culture team, the Compensation Advisor will research, analyze and recommend sound compensation solutions in support of our People & Culture strategy and other organizational objectives. You will have a strong understanding of compensation data modeling and be able to interpret the data for People & Culture leaders to influence positive change and inform pay decisions at all levels of the organization. You are results driven and will advance the Total Rewards strategy at Trimac resulting in an exceptional employee experience.
WHO YOU ARE
- Ability to compile, analyze and interpret large amounts of data from multiple sources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate with others at all levels within the organization.
- Resources "out of the box" big thinker who is unafraid of challenging the status quo, yet is able to deliver quality solutions with an eye towards efficiency, flexibility, and extensibility.
- Strong organizational skills, high level of detail orientation, and ability to multitask and prioritize conflicting deadlines.
- Advanced analytical skills, with the ability to conduct program assessment, market data analysis, job evaluation, and program-related trend statistical analysis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and results-driven environment.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature and levels as required.
- Plans, develops and recommends new and revised compensation programs, policies, and procedures in response to the Company's goals and competitive practices.
- Document compensation procedures to streamline processes and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for conducting research and analysis involving compensation such as job evaluations, statistics, and market evaluations for Canada and US.
- Leads the Federal Pay Equity Act and California Pay Equity Act including ongoing adherence to regulations.
- Develop and present competitive assessments and salary analysis to advise People & Culture team and business leaders on pay management strategies and decisions.
- Maintenance of pay equity and internal equity; maintenance of salary schedules.
- Develops, monitors, updates, and communicates project schedules to track tasks, deadlines, and milestones.
- Conducts job evaluations to determine proper job grade levels. manage the process for existing and newly created positions and conduct job audits as appropriate. Maintain job codes and job descriptions.
- Responsible for the administration of the annual compensation review, including salary and short-term incentive components and the ability to plan, coordinate and administer complex administrative processes using advanced Excel skills.
- provides guidance and strategic thinking in the design and maintenance of employee benefits, compensation programs, systems, policies, and procedures.
- Lead the development and delivery of compensation training for business leaders.
- Provide insight into compliance with regulations and labour laws for Canada and US (eg. Pay Equity Act, Canada Labour Code, California Pay Equity Act, etc)
- Communicates with management, union, association and/or employees on pay equity, internal equity issues, and compensation-related matters.
- Responsible for participation in compensation surveys for Canada and US.
- Conduct and interpret data analytics to deliver actionable and relevant insights in support of informed compensation planning.
- Provides guidance and advice to People & Culture staff on job design and job evaluations.
- Collaborates with other corporate departments and the People & Culture leadership team to ensure alignment with priorities and initiatives.
- Develops and maintains strong, customer-focused relationships with all stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- 5 Years of related experience in compensation strategies is an asset.
- CPHR or CHRL designation would also be considered an asset.
- Experience developing compensation programs, policies, and practices.
- Advanced understanding of compensation best practices and principles for the US and Canada.
- We make Safety a part of every decision.
- We make Safety personal.
- We have the courage to intervene.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 182134