Truck and Trailer Mechanic TESL
Truck and Trailer Mechanic /Journeyman or 2-4th year Apprentice
Trimac Energy Services provides a competitive compensation and benefits package and the ability to grow and develop its employees.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB:
Under the general direction of the Shop Manager, this incumbent will utilize journeyman-level technical knowledge and expertise to perform complex mechanical tasks in the repair, maintenance, inspection, and certification of Trimac Energy Services' tanker trailer fleet with minimal supervision.
- Trailer Mechanic Journeyman starting pay $41.38
- HET Journeyman starting pay $45.98
- $2.00 shift premium for the overnight shift
- 7 on 7 off, both day or night positions available
- Monday - Monday 5:30 am to 5:30 pm OR 5:30 pm to 5:30 am
- Ability to perform CVIP inspections as required by the CSA B620 and the National Safety Code
- Ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems and recommend custom solutions.
- Ability to perform mechanical repairs as required.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan and prioritize work and material requirements and operate independently.
- Expected to play a leading role in implementing and promoting workplace safety and professionalism and recommend positive workplace change.
- Safe and professional work practices are mandatory.
- Demonstrate ability to read and understand written instructions and communications and write job reports, work order summaries, and other record-keeping functions.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems (troubleshoot)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, exercise good judgment and common sense and conduct him/herself professionally.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Must be physically fit and of reasonable strength and endurance to perform the duties required in a tanker trailer shop operation.
- Able to perform duties in all weather conditions.
- Physical Demands include lifting, carrying, pulling/pushing, and climbing stairs.
- The majority of work is conducted in a Shop Environment with some light administration work occasionally required.
- Journeyman HD Mechanic
- Grade 12 graduate
- Full understanding of all relevant safety and compliance regulations, policies, and generally accepted work practices relating to tanker trailer shop operations.
- Computer keyboarding skills and a basic understanding of computer business systems is desirable.
Trimac: Safety is our Core Value
- We make Safety a part of every decision
- We make Safety personal
- We have the courage to intervene
Trimac Transportation is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Speak with a Recruiter now! 1-866-4-TRIMAC
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: up to $41.38/hour
<ul><li>Trailer Mechanic Journeyman starting pay $41.38</li>
Job Reference #: 158494