Transportation Dispatcher (Nights)
Are you a highly motivated self-starter who continually looks for new opportunities and initiatives to drive change across the organization? Are you looking for a creative, challenging job that contributes to your community's way of life in a stable industry? Are you highly collaborative and believe that the best results are achieved through strong relationships and partnerships? Trimac is a North American company with over 75 years of history that is geared to embrace a changing, technology-driven future and we're looking for candidates who want to join us on our journey!
Reporting to the Dispatch Manager, this Dispatcher will be responsible for communicating the load plan to drivers and customers while also ensuring that all customer requirements are met. An eye for detail is key to the success of someone stepping into this role. This is a night-shift role.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are an excellent problem solver.
- You are a team player. You cooperate easily and gain trust quickly.
- You are self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- You are detail-oriented.
- Responsible for communicating the load plan to drivers and customers.
- Ensure the drivers have the proper instructions to perform their duties safely.
- Listen to all driver concerns and act on them appropriately.
- Ensure the Company meets all customer requirements, and any changes are communicated immediately.
- Ensure the dispatch system is up to date.
- Work hand in hand with the Load Planners.
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency for both the Company and the customer.
- Ensure trailer interior washes are completed where required.
- Ensure all orders and trip events are recorded in the TMW in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Where applicable ensure that invoicing and driver pay are completed daily.
- Where applicable audit TMW reports for compliance requirements.
- Service failure reports are recorded in TMW and brought to the attention of the Branch Manager or designate.
- Ensure that the driver has adequate time to perform his duties safely and within the Hours of Work regulations.
- Ensure all drivers and equipment meet regulatory and corporate compliance.
- Assign the proper equipment for the jurisdiction and the job requirements.
- High School Diploma.
- 2-3years of related experience and/or training.
- Excel at good communication skills in a team environment
- Experience using a variety of systems.
- General knowledge of the transportation industry
- Candidates with TWM experience will be given preference.
- Considered an asset: post-secondary education.
- Fluent in English as you will be using it primarily to speak with other drivers and shop personnel.
- We make Safety a part of every decision.
- We make Safety personal.
- We have the courage to intervene.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 161552