Terminal Manager (BPL)
WHY BULK PLUS LOGISTICS?
Our service offering is priceless. They ensure that you and your family have access to valuable necessities that you use in everyday life. Anything from the fuel needed for a cross-country vacation, the paint you used to prepare your new baby's room, or the cement for the driveway of your first home. No matter the role, we know that everyone working with us makes a difference in the lives of others.
Trimac Transportation is a leader in the bulk transportation industry with over 140 locations throughout Canada and the US. With over 75 years of service with safety, Trimac offers career progression, competitive pay, benefits, and job security. This is a legacy you want to be a part of!
Bulk Plus Logistics, part of Trimac Family has over 35 years of experience working directly with various Class One and Short-Line Railroads throughout North America. The Class One affiliates include (but are not limited to) the following: Canadian National Railway, Canadian Pacific Railway, CSX Rail, BNSF, and Union Pacific.
Reporting to the Area Manager, the Terminal Manager of BPL's Fairburn, GA facility, is the main touchpoint with our professional technicians, internal and external carriers, rail carrier service providers and our local customers. This role is vital in ensuring our technicians and administrative staff have everything they need to perform their jobs safely and professionally. The Terminal Manager also has the critical task of timely and effective communication with our technicians to solve any problems or answer any questions they may have. They do this through collaboration with other teams and being a conduit of information with the Company.
- Working with Recruiting and Sales departments to ensure proper technician levels based on revenue projections, new business, and projected turnover.
- Supporting technician retention and working with Human Resources on initiatives based on turnover trends.
- Performance management and annual performance reviews of technicians and office staff, including the setting of measurable goals.
- Ensure regulatory compliance and meeting company safety and operational policies and procedures.
- Coaching and mentoring employees with an emphasis on open communication.
- Staying connected with and responding to concerns of customers.
- Identifying organic and net-new growth opportunities with our customers through building strong relationships and having an exceptional understanding of the local market conditions.
- Assist the organization in building, implementing, and measuring its strategic objectives and KPI performance, and supporting key initiatives required to meet desired outcomes
- Taking ownership of the P & L; reporting current finances, take steps to improve P & L statements, capital planning, work with a variety of departments and teams to identify direct cost savings and creating streamline efficiencies, and ensure every employee is invested in positively influencing the financial situation of the organization.
- Design effective budget models for the terminal
- Analyze financial information (e.g., revenues, expenditures and cash management) to ensure all operations are within budget
- Collaborating with the Safety Trainer and actively participating in facility safety meetings.
- Ensuring the terminal is organized, clean and free of safety hazards.
- Conducting regular job task observations with technicians.
- Providing the necessary education and training to operational and administrative personnel, with regards to adhering to standard operating procedures and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) requirements.
- Asset management within the terminal; including keeping a pulse on the current and future needs of customers.
- Ensuring all operating equipment meets the regulatory requirements
- Ensuring all operating equipment is properly maintained and serviced to adhere to safety protocols.
- Work directly with transportation operations to expedite the fleet readiness.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Understands their impact on people and can influence without authority.
- Acts with integrity and respectfully holds people accountable.
- Focused on continuous improvement and acts as a coach and mentor to the team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the railroads and shippers
- A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- A proactive problem solver.
- Possess a "Safety First" Managerial Style
- Has strong understanding of Supply Chain including experience working within a fast-paced operational environment.
- Possess strong understanding of commercial requirements within the Atlanta market but also has the willingness to support growth within the U.S. market
- Is a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
- 5-10 years of related experience and/or training.
- Minimum 3-5 years of management experience preferred.
- 5-10 years' experience in handling hazardous commodities
- Strong knowledge of the transportation, transload, and railroad industry.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in a variety of systems and software.
- Entrepreneurial business orientation and a demonstrated achievement in bottom-line results.
Bachelor's Degree required with a preferred degree in Business Management, Supply Chain, or other relevant fields OR 10 years of working knowledge
TRIMAC SAFETY COMMITMENTS
- We make safety a part of every decision.
- We make safety personal.
- We have the courage to intervene.
Bulk Plus Logistics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
We appreciate your interest and taking the time to apply, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you!