Recent Driving School Graduates - U.S. Drivers
Trimac Transportation now has a Commercial Drivers License Tuition Reimbursement Program in the United States. Trimac Transportation is now hiring Company CDL A truck driving teams for various Hazmat/Non-Hazmat tanker driving opportunities in the U.S. The program is designed to assist Professional drivers with any out-of-pocket tuition expenses that he/she incurs in the process of attending a Professional Driving School Program.
Commercial Drivers License
Tuition Reimbursement Program
- The amount eligible for reimbursement is the total tuition cost incurred (excluding lodging, DOT drug test and Physical, and cost of obtaining CDL), as indicated in the drivers’ proof of payment or promissory note from financial institution financing the loan, up to a maximum of $5,000.
- Company will reimburse the driver an amount of $200 per month until the amount of the approved tuition reimbursement has been paid in full or until the driver is no longer employed by the Company. The payments will begin the beginning of the month following the successful completion of Company required training.
- Reimbursement will only be considered for programs provided through select Commercial Driving Schools approved by the Company.
- Tuition cost will be reimbursed only if the program successfully completed within six (6) months prior to employment with Trimac Transportation
- An employee may not be eligible for Trimac’s Commercial Driver’s License Tuition Reimbursement program if he/she participated in any other tuition reimbursement program, received scholarship or grant money, or received any other similar reimbursement for the same coursework prior to commencement of employment with the Company. Verification of such may be requested or required.
Trimac requires a minimum of one (1) year Tractor/Trailer experience in the United States. However, if you have graduated from a PTDI or CVTA certified school, we will consider waiving the one (1) year requirement for exceptional candidates. Please note: Certain locations do require more experience due to greater customer requirements, advanced product handling requirements for crude oil and industrial gases, as well as extreme inclement weather and difficult terrain in certain regions. In these cases, we would be unable to waive the requirements for a recent graduate.
- Professional Truck Driver Institute (PTDI) - http://www.ptdi.org/schools/schools.aspx
- Commercial Vehicle Training Association (CVTA) - https://cvta.org/cvta-member-schools.html
Trimac also has an exclusive list of additional schools that meet our requirements, but are not currently PTDI or CVTA certified (please see below). Please note: Certain locations do require more experience due to greater customer requirements, advanced product handling requirements for crude oil and industrial gases, as well as extreme inclement weather and difficult terrain in certain regions. In these cases, we would be unable to waive the requirements for a recent graduate.