Sr Programmer Analyst
Sr Programmer Analyst (Calgary, AB)
Are you a highly motivated self-starter who continually looks for new opportunities and initiatives to drive change across the organization? Are you looking for a creative, challenging job that contributes to your community's way of life in a stable industry? Are you highly collaborative and believe that the best results are achieved through strong relationships and partnerships? Trimac is a North American company with over 75 years of history that is geared to embrace a changing, technology-driven future and we're looking for candidates who want to join us on our journey!
The Sr Programmer Analyst is an integral part of the EDI team, the analyst's main focus will be supporting as well as managing the quality of Trimac's Motor Transport EDI and API software integrations for multiple systems and interfaces.
This role reports to the Team Lead, EDI Integrations and interacts with management and internal as well as external departments.
WHO YOU ARE
- Current state documentation - discovery/reverse-engineering.
- System documentation use-case/data-flow/design documentation.
- Data conversion/cleansing.
- Batch/real-time data processes and ETLs.
- Data reconciliation control/reporting.
- Advanced/Expert SQL query writing/tracing/tuning skills.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and above.
- Microsoft SSIS/SSRS/SSAS/PowerShell.
- Microsoft ASP.NET/C#.
- Microsoft Azure / AWS.
- Experience building SOAP/REST API integrations.
- Technical knowledge implementing EDI/API integrations with Cleo Integration Cloud.
- In depth experience designing, maintaining EDI maps and workflows.
- Experience with process mapping and process improvement tools (i.e. CMMi, LEAN, Six Sigma etc.) a plus.
- Strong written/oral communication skills at both the technical/business level.
- Ability to work effectively with internal business users and external service providers/vendors.
- ITIL Change Management/Quality Assurance experience preferred.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Troubleshooting issues and resolve incidents within the technology stack.
- Reviewing Enhancement Requests in the team's queue, including prioritization, and progress.
- Understanding and evaluating business requirements; work with the team to translate them into specific solutions.
- Acting as liaison with internal and external stakeholders/customers.
- Performing analysis and resolution related to applications and systems in support of ad-hoc and standing customer Requests.
- Developing, coding, testing, debugging, and documenting enhancements to existing systems or new software.
- Creating sustainment documentation for all solutions.
- Due to the necessary technical support duties of this position, the candidate will be required to be on-call support after hours, weekends and holidays.
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree in Information Systems.
- 5+ years of progressive development, analysis, and technical solutions experience.
- 5+ years' experience in systems integration with an emphasis on operational and financial business applications.
We make Safety a part of every decision.
We make Safety personal.
We have the courage to intervene.
Trimac Transportation is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.