Service Writer(Spartanburg, SC)
Are you a highly motivated self-starter who continually looks for new opportunities and initiatives to drive change across the organization? Are you looking for a creative, challenging job that contributes to your community's way of life in a stable industry? Are you highly collaborative and believe that the best results are achieved through strong relationships and partnerships? Trimac is a North American company with over 75 years of history that is geared to embrace a changing, technology-driven future and we're looking for candidates who want to join us on our journey!
Reporting to the Shop Manager, the Service Writer will serve as the main customer contact contact for all customers for intake of work and notification of job status as well as additional work needed, and work through approvals.
- Communicate with customers about repairs, status, and approvals.
- Schedule units for service
- Liaison with the Service Manager, offering suggestions to customers on how best they can repair their vehicles.
- Communicate with the service representative for all customers, including initial writing of customer complaints, initial estimates, and staying in contact with the customers through the job process.
- Communicating job requirements to the shop supervisor/foreman, and working with the shop for scheduling.
- Verifying that all labor and parts are accounted for on ROs and invoices, both commercial and internal.
- Communicate emergency triage requests to the foreman.
- Close work orders and invoice customers when a job is complete.
- Utilize shop planner
- Scan shop documents to repair orders
- other duties as assigned by management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven track record of group leadership and commitment to quality and safety.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of heavy-duty truck parts and vehicle systems
- Computer experience(Windows / MS Office) (TMT preferred).
- Strong interpersonal & problem resolution skills
- Two years experience as a Service Writer or related field.
- Technical background, tractor or trailer maintenance, or parts experience is required.
- Experience with computers and familiarity with Microsoft Software
- Excellent customer service, oral, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated planning, organizing, and prioritization skills.
- We make Safety a part of every decision
- We make Safety personal
- We have the courage to intervene