Trimac Transportation is a leader in the bulk transportation industry with over 140 locations throughout Canada and the US. The average age of our fleet hovers around 5 years with innovative in-cab technology to assist with safety, route planning, fuel usage, and communication.
Trimac offers career progression, competitive pay, benefits, and job security; 75 years is a legacy you want to be a part of!
The Service Advisor will be a member of a team accountable for on-going delivery of services to the Truck line group by dealing with all maintenance issues that arise for our equipment.
Please note: The schedule for this position is currently 7 am EST - 7 pm MST but is subject to change.This will be shift work with a rotation of 7 on 7 off, with some on call required.
Future plans to offer24/7 over the road breakdown troubleshooting and service across North America, our ideal candidate would be open to change, have a sense of urgency and be a team member.
- Being the face of National Tank Services (NTS) to the drivers, dispatch and truckline for all enquiries regarding units or equipment PM services and repairs
- Answer the Fleet Service Centre calls and assisting drivers with minor maintenance issues to get them back on the road. Then escalating service as required whether through a NTS facility or 3rd party vendor
- Provide dispatch and driver with ETA's and updates on repairs
- Selection and management of third-party vendors to deliver consistent high-quality services across the NTS and Trimac operating theatre
- Issue purchase orders to vendor's for on road repairs and inspections.
- Manage open standard and vendor repair orders
- Approve quotes on repairs at 3rd party vendors so we insure the prudent use of company capital in a timely fashion
- Coordination of fleet preventative maintenance (PM) services for domiciled units to meet company and regulatory requirements - either internally or with third party providers
- Advise Truck line of any damage to our equipment that isn't associated with daily use
- Vendor performance/dispute management to ensure swift return of units to service at the best cost
- Review completed paperwork from vendors for inspections and look for billing errors in regard to work performed and SRT's
- Identification and management of regulatory/mission critical repairs identified by drivers and NTS field staff
- Adjudicating resolution of conflict related to Reason for Repair issues between NTS and Trimac, escalating when required
- Assist in tracking and updating retorques as required
- Meeting all associated NTS service Center SOP's
- Manage costs on a company credit card and code as required for reconciliation
- All other duties as assigned
- Team player who earns the trust of their team
- Ability to resolve conflict - breaks down barriers
- Great communication skills (phone and email) - an active listener
- Solid decision-making ability
- A high tolerance of ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to thrive and maintain focus in a dynamic environment
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role
- High school diploma
- Bilingual French/English would be an asset
SAFETY IS OUR CORE VALUE
- We make Safety a part of every decision.
- We make Safety personal.
- We have the courage to intervene.
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
We appreciate your interest and taking the time to apply, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you!