Truck/Trailer Mechanic - Pasadena, TX
We offer great opportunities to grow!
MECHANIC III POSITION AVAILABLE
EXCELLENT / COMPETITIVE PAY - Salary is based on experience / 2ND SHIFT!
Mechanic position with 5 + years of experience - Apply today and join our team!
Mechanic SIGN ON BONUS - $2,500!!!
- Performs repairs and preventative maintenance on diesel "heavy duty" trucks and chemical trailers, including chemical and dry bulk tanks
- Duties typically include checking trailer running gear including brakes, tires/wheels, air systems, suspension, electrical systems & lights. All aspects of truck repair other than body work, to include clutch / linkage; starting systems; engine PM; A/C; and the other listed duties for trailers.
- Must be experienced in rebuilding internal / external valves, pressure / vacuum vents & hydraulic systems
- Will receive training and inspections will be performed on maintenance, and repair functions on the cargo tanks of the trailers as well as the running gear
- Monday-Friday / SECOND SHIFT : 2:00pm - 10:30PM (overtime available)
- Shift differential: $1.00 per hour
- Paid Weekly Direct Deposit
- Vacation Pay
- Two weeks- Year 1 & 2
- Three Weeks- Years 3-9
- Four Weeks- Years 10-15
- Over 15 years 5 weeks
- Sick pay
- Holiday pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Dependent Care)
- 401 (K)Profit sharing with company match- (Fully vested after 3 years)
Trimac Safety Commitment
- We make Safety a part of every decision
- We make Safety personal
- We have the courage to intervene
- Class C Driver License
- 5 plus years experience
- Previous experience with all types and makes of tractors and trailers
- No previous driving record involving consumption of illegal or intoxicating substances in the past 7 years
- May work above shoulder level with power and /or hand tools weighing 15 pounds or less and in confined spaces
- Must meet physical requirements of the position and have mobility, vision, hearing, and sense of smell and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties performed.
- May stand and walk on level and uneven surfaces, twist, bend, push, pull, crouch, climb stairs, bend and crawl, grasp, drag, lift and carry items weighing 50 lbs or less
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity.
We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Development Plan and Flexibility
As a National Tank Services Mechanic, you'll have unprecedented flexibility you've never had before by moving through our mechanic developmental plan. We have 4 tiered mechanic positions and your hard work and experience is reflected in your pay as you move through our positions.
We change lives for our employees and partners. Internally, we build futures for our employees who are the backbone of everything we do. Your career path and future are important, and we will support your goals. Externally, our hauls ensure that families have the necessities of life - whether it’s gas for a family vacation, products to care for your toddler, or the cement in your home’s foundation. Trucking is the heart and soul of serving the needs of others and we make your needs a priority at Trimac. No matter their role, we know that everyone working with us makes a difference in the lives of others. Ready to make a difference?”