Trailer/Truck Mechanic - Mississauga, ON
310T Journeyman/woman Truck/Trailer Mechanic
We are Growing! We have recently increased our wages.
We’re looking for a 310T Journeyman/woman Truck/Trailer Mechanic Technician for our shop in Mississauga, ON. We are looking to hire 2nd or 3rd-year apprentices or Journeyman Mechanics.
If you’re looking for a safety-oriented company, partner with National Tank Services!
National Tank Services, a division of Trimac, is a North American leader in the cleaning and maintenance industry. With over 39 locations, National Tank Services offers career progression, competitive pay, benefits, and job security. Our four-tiered Mechanic Development Plan offers unprecedented flexibility as your hard work and experience is reflected in your pay as you move through our positions.
Heavy Duty Mechanic Pay: Earn up to $32/hour (based on experience) Plus shift premiums
- Evening 3 pm – 1:30 am (Monday – Thursday)
- Weekend Friday - Sunday, 3 - 12 hour shifts.
- Full-time, 40 hours per week
Heavy Duty Mechanic Benefits:
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Extended health benefits
- Pension plan
- Consistent, year-round work
- Tool allowance after 1 year of service ($500)
- Boot allowance after 1 year of service ($175)
- Preventative maintenance on trailers and commercial trailers/trucks
- Preventative maintenance on checking tires, wheels, brakes, air systems, clutch/linkage, starting system, electrical system, PM’s, electrical work, brakes, suspension and product pump rebuilds
- Follow safety and use of proper PPE
- Follow procedures
- Valid Class 1 Driver License - preferred but not required
- Member of Ontario Trades
- Two years verifiable mechanic experience (Diesel Mechanic Journeyman ‘Red Seal’ or Apprentice - 310 J and 310 T/Apprentice 3)
- Operation of hand and air tools
- ·Grade 12 or equivalent
- ·Positive work ethic and attitude
- ·Diesel Mechanic Journeyman ‘Red Seal’ or Apprentice - 310 J and 310 T/Apprentice 3
- ·Past 10 years without Driving violation involving the consumption of illegal or intoxicating substances
Other Job Details:
- May work above shoulder level with power and /or hand tools weighing 15 pounds or less and in confined spaces
- Must meet physical requirements of the position and have mobility, vision, hearing, and sense of smell and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties performed
- May stand and walk on level and uneven surfaces, twist, bend, push, pull, crouch, climb stairs, bend and crawl, grasp, drag, lift and carry items weighing 50lbs or less
- Must be willing and able to work at heights up to 15ft
Trimac Safety Commitments
We make safety a part of every decision
We make safety personal
We have the courage to intervene
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.