Traffic Supervisor-Houston, Texas
Truck Driver Dispatcher ( Traffic Supervisor)
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Traffic Supervisor is an exempt position that is responsible for the daily scheduling of company and independent contracted resources to meet customer requirements, focusing on maximizing payload and utility in a safe manner. Please note this is a Monday-Friday, full-time position.
In accordance with current Operating Standards, Company Policies, and Procedures and in the best interests of the Company its customers, contractors, employees and the Public, the Traffic Supervisors responsibilities include:
- Ensure the drivers have the proper instructions to perform their duties safely.
- Listen to all driver concerns and act on them appropriately as they relate to:
- Drivers ability to perform his duties effectively
- Opportunities that would increase efficiency for both the Company and the customer
- Dispatch drivers using a fair and consistent approach
- Coordinate the daily assignment of company and contracted resources to maximize equipment utility and payload while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Coordinate the servicing and inspection of branch equipment daily with the shop personnel.
- Ensure trailer interior washes are completed where required.
- Ensure all orders and trip events are recorded in the TMW in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Where applicable ensure that invoicing and driver pay are completed daily.
- Where applicable audit TMW reports for compliance requirements.
- Ensure the Company meets all customer requirements and any changes are communicated immediately
- Service failure reports are recorded in TMW and brought to the attention of the Branch Manager or designate
- 3+ years in a transportation-related role
- Excellent customer service skills
- Diploma/Degree would be an asset
- Strong working knowledge of the MS Office Suite
- Experience working with dispatch related applications (TMW)