System Analyst, Calgary, Alberta
At Trimac we change lives. We build futures for our employees. We believe employees are the backbone to everything that we do.
Our hauls are priceless. They ensure that you and your family have access to valuable necessities that you use in everyday life. Anything from the fuel needed for a cross-country vacation, the paint you used to prepare your new baby’s room, or the cement for the driveway of your first home. No matter the role, we know that everyone working with us makes a difference in the lives of others.
Here at Trimac, we have a story to tell. We are a company rich in history and with a large presence across North America. So, the question is, are you ready to change a life with Trimac?
Reporting to the Director, Quality and Process Optimization, the Systems Analyst will ensure the National Tank Services (NTS) operating system (TMT) and associated systems are configured and in on-going good order to allow for the successful execution of NTS standard operating procedures. This role encompasses activities such as system security, user role development, master record administration, system setup and testing, transactional troubleshooting and sister system liaison which are all key to the success of NTS business processes.
This role will interact with all levels of Trimac's various business unit personnel who are users of TMT, quantifying issues and providing system guidance to assigned users. The role will also have primary operational level liaison accountability with the TMT system vendor (Trimble Transportation), escalating tactical and systemic issues for resolution.
This role may require flexibility of work hours to account for the multiple time zones and work schedules found in the NTS organization across North America.
- Assignments are varied and complex and require a thorough knowledge of planning/analysis/design/implementation procedures and related management techniques.
- Assists with the formulation of system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding.
- Works on multiple assignments, all phases, focusing on leadership, analysis and business friendly technical solutions.
- Provides specialized advice to system users in the application of the system to complex operational and functional problems.
- Designs, codes, tests, and documents complex processes.
- Analyses and revises existing system process/logic difficulties as necessary.
- Assists in preparing detailed project work plans, resource requirements and associated execution.
- Contributes to the evolution of the organization’s core technology products.
- Initiates activities to support the organization’s technical infrastructure.
- Regularly exposed to tight deadlines.
- May be involved in application support activities/systems testing and or upgrade.
- Provides on-call support as required.
- Relevant university degree or technical training.
- 5 or more years of progressive development, analysis and technical solutions experience.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the environment and toolset and the development/support methodology.
- Competent to work on complex projects independently.
TRIMAC SAFETY COMMITMENTS
- We make Safety a part of every decision
- We make Safety personal
- We have the courage to intervene
- A family-owned business for 75 years
- 2019 & 2020 Top Fleet Employer
- 2018, 2019, 2020 Supporter of Guard and Reserve in the US
- 2018, 2019, 2020 Top Companies for Women to Work for in Transportation
- Recognized with the Heil Award for Outstanding Safety Performance six times
- Received the “Grand Award” for safety 11 out of 12 times by National Tank Truck Carriers
- Nominated 3 years in a row as one of the “Best Fleets to Drive For” by the Truckload Carriers Association
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
This role will be posted until January 25, 2021 at 8:00am.