Shop Helper - Edmonton, AB
Trimac Energy Services provides a competitive compensation and benefits package and the ability to grow and develop their employees.
As a leader in the Maintenance and wash rack industry, they are looking for an experienced Shop Helper to join their team in Edmonton, AB
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB:
Under the direct supervision of the Shop Foreman or Senior Leadhand, the incumbent will conduct routine shop related duties as assigned with an emphasis on moving equipment in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Responsible for moving equipment both inside and outside the shop.
- Responsible for moving yard equipment including trailers into shop and washrack.
- Responsible from time to time moving equipment from shop to shop as needed.
- Responsible for conducting all activities in accordance with all relevant safety guidelines, regulations, policies and generally accepted work practices.
- Perform general housekeeping - both in the yard and shop.
- Pick up parts from local suppliers.
- Assist Facility Maintenance staff as required.
- Will be called upon to assist with other non-trades related repair shop duties.
- Shift is 8 on and 6 Off. Entry level wage is $21.46 per hour.
- Will be expected to work independently.
- Work is normally reviewed during performance and checked at task completion.
- Safe work practices are mandatory.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, exercise good judgment and common sense and conduct him/herself in a professional manner.
- Good interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Capable of learning through on the job training and be able to analyze and solve basic technical problems.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions and communications and write job reports.
- Grade 12 diploma
- Alberta Class 1 License is an Asset. Valid license (class 5, unrestricted) is Required.
- Basic understanding of shop safety, shop work practices and use of hand and power tools.
- From time to time must also be capable of working outside in all weather conditions.
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as required by the company's safety policies and as required for weather conditions.
- Ability to lift 50+ LBS
We change lives for our employees and partners. Internally, we build futures for our employees who are the backbone of everything we do. Your career path and future are important, and we will support your goals. Externally, our hauls ensure that families have the necessities of life - whether it’s gas for a family vacation, products to care for your toddler, or the cement in your home’s foundation. Trucking is the heart and soul of serving the needs of others and we make your needs a priority at Trimac. No matter their role, we know that everyone working with us makes a difference in the lives of others. Ready to make a difference?”