Service Manager - Spartanburg, SC
Our hauls are priceless. They ensure that you and your family have access to valuable necessities that you use in everyday life. Anything from the fuel needed for a cross-country vacation, the paint you used to prepare your new baby’s room, or the cement for the driveway of your first home. No matter the role, we know that everyone working with us makes a difference in the lives of others.
Trimac Transportation is a leader in the bulk transportation industry with over 140 locations throughout Canada and the US. With over 75 years of service with safety, Trimac offers career progression, competitive pay, benefits, and job security. This is a legacy you want to be a part of!
The Service Manager will be responsible for all aspects of a maintenance facility including its building, grounds, equipment, and personnel as well as the maintenance of all revenue equipment assigned to the Branch. The Service Manager will also oversee the day to day operations of the wash rack facility.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Responsible for hiring, training, and supervision of all maintenance and washrack personnel.
- Ensure personnel are paid properly and overtime hours are closely monitored.
- Ensure shop personnel are properly trained and equipped to perform the required tasks.
- Develop leaders and build team onsite
Equipment and Facility:
- Coordinate the maintenance of all company and customer equipment.
- Manage maintenance programs to meet the specialized needs of equipment and hauling requirements.
- Maintain the equipment and facility in a safe and proper working order.
- Maintain knowledge of current equipment specifications and maintenance practices.
- Manage and control shop inventory, performing inventory audits as required.
- Monitor daily usage and the purchase of parts and supplies.
- Track maintenance costs and charges on a regular basis compared to the budget.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process.
Safety and Regulatory:
- Ensure all work is performed in a safe manner through regular interaction and observation of work.
- Maintain all records of maintenance and testing to meet regulatory requirements.
- All environmental compliance, SWPPP, RCRA, Wastewater.
- 5-7 years of related experience and/or training.
- Minimum 2 years of management experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of maintenance.
- Experience in bulk and/or hazardous commodities is desirable.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in a variety of systems and software.
- Mandatory High School Diploma.
- Relevant experience from previous jobs that would be required before entering this job, including time spent in formal apprenticeships.
TRIMAC SAFETY COMMITMENTS
- We make Safety a part of every decision
- We make Safety personal
- We have the courage to intervene
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.