Service Manager, Fort McMurray, AB - Relocation offered!
Trimac Transportation is a leader in the bulk transportation industry with over 140 locations throughout Canada and the US. The average age of our fleet hovers around 5 years with innovative in-cab technology to assist with safety, route planning, fuel usage, and communication.
With over 75 years of service with safety, Trimac offers career progression, competitive pay, benefits, and job security. This is a legacy you want to be a part of!
This Service Manager position is located out of our Fort McMurray AND we are offering relocation! This position will be responsible for all aspects of a maintenance facility including its building, grounds, equipment, and personnel as well as the maintenance of all revenue equipment assigned to the Branch.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Responsible for hiring, training, and supervision of all maintenance personnel.
- Ensure personnel are paid properly and overtime hours are closely monitored.
- Ensure shop personnel are properly trained and equipped to perform the required tasks.
Equipment and Facility:
- Coordinate the maintenance of all company and customer equipment.
- Manage maintenance programs to meet the specialized needs of equipment and hauling requirements.
- Maintain the equipment and facility in a safe and proper working order.
- Maintain knowledge of current equipment specifications and maintenance practices.
- Manage and control shop inventory, performing inventory audit as required.
- Monitor daily usage and the purchase of parts and supplies.
- Track maintenance costs and charges on a regular basis compared to the budget.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process.
- Ensure the Company meets all customer requirements and any changes are communicated immediately.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with internal branch users.
Safety and Regulatory:
- Ensure all work is performed in a safe manner
- Maintain all records of maintenance and testing to meet regulatory requirements.
- Encourage and participate in all Safety related programs.
- 5-7 years of related experience and/or training.
- Minimum 2 years of management experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of maintenance.
- Experience in bulk and/or hazardous commodities is desirable.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in a variety of systems and software.
- Mandatory High School Diploma.
- Journeyman Mechanic required.
- Relevant experience from previous jobs that would be required before entering this job, including time spent in formal apprenticeships.
TRIMAC SAFETY COMMITMENTS
- We make Safety a part of every decision
- We make Safety personal
- We have the courage to intervene
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.