Loader - Hay River, NT
Loader / Labourer for our Bulk Plus Logistics in Hay River, NT
Want to work in Hay River? Here is an opportunity for you.
- Experience unloading railcars in a transload environment
- Able to work at heights
- Mechanically inclined
- Competitive compensation and benefit package including group RSP with company matching program
- Career growth opportunities
- 8-hour shifts Mon-Fri with OT available
- Flexibility and willingness to periodically work various shifts (inclusive of weekends and Statutory Holidays)
- 2 full-time permanent positions available.
- For local residents, or candidates willing to love to Hay River. Northern Living allowance provided.
- Loading and unloading railcars
- Receiving product
- Adhere to company policies & procedures (as per training)
- Work safely, using company-issued and directed PPE
- Responsible to ensure compliance to all company and customer safety policies and procedures
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion as to the Standard Operating Guidelines
- Ability to work in various weather conditions all year round (hot and cold
- Responsible for various administrative tasks regarding production reports, timekeeping etc.
Trimac Safety Commitment
We make Safety a part of every decision
We make Safety personal
We have the courage to intervene
- Strong and effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Basic understanding of mechanical equipment
- Operation of hand tools
- Operation of air tools
- Positive work ethic
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work independently, unsupervised and as well as in a team
- Positive attitude & job performance
- May work above shoulder level with power and /or hand tools weighing 40lbs pounds or less
- Must meet physical requirements of the position and have mobility, vision, hearing, and sense of smell and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties performed
- May stand and walk on level and uneven surfaces, twist, bend, push, pull, crouch, climb stairs, bend and crawl, grasp, drag, lift and carry items weighing 40lbs or less
- Must pass e-RailSafe Canada workforce compliance system (inclusive of criminal background check)
- Able to pass all required railway operating rules examinations
- TDG/WHMIS training and certifications
- Grade 12 or equivalent preferred
- Valid class 5 license required
- TDG/WHMIS Certification (training to be provided)
- First Aid and CPR training and certifications
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity.
We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
As a Trimac team member, your hard work and experience is reflected in your pay and opportunity for advancement.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.