Journeyman Trailer Mechanic Hardisty, AB
Trimac Energy Services Shop provides a competitive compensation and benefits package and the ability to grow and develop their employees.
As a global leader in the Maintenance and wash rack industry, they are looking for an experienced Trailer Mechanic to join their team in Hardisty, AB
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB:
Under the general direction the Shop Foremen this incumbent will utilize journeyman level technical knowledge and expertise to perform complex mechanical tasks in the repair, maintenance, inspection and certification of Trimac Energy Services' tanker trailer fleet with minimal supervision.
All tasks and assignments must follow established procedures in a professional, safe and cost-effective manner. In unique situations, the incumbent will recommend custom solutions or alternative practices.
- Ability to perform CVIP inspections as required by the CSA B620 and the National Safety Code
- Ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems and recommend custom solutions.
- Ability to perform mechanical repairs as required.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan and prioritize work and material requirements and operate independently.
- Expected to play a leading role in implementing and promoting workplace safety and professionalism and recommend positive workplace change.
- To communicate and follow Company Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines
- Shift - 8 on and 6 off, 10-hour shifts. 2 positions available.
- Journeyman rate $38.63 per hour
- Safe and professional work practices are mandatory.
- Demonstrate ability to read and understand written instructions and communications and write job reports, work order summaries and other record-keeping functions.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems (troubleshoot)
- Demonstrates self-control under pressure and maintains a positive attitude towards fellow employees.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, exercise good judgment and common sense and conduct him/herself in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Must be physically fit and of reasonable strength and endurance to perform the duties required in a tanker trailer shop operation.
- Able to perform duties in all weather conditions.
- Journeyman Trailer Mechanic’s Certificate.
- Grade 12 graduate
- Full understanding of all relevant safety and compliance regulations, policies and generally accepted work practices relating to tanker trailer shop operations.
- Full understanding of all elements of the job (i.e.: shop safety, shop work practices, mechanical systems, use of all hand and power)
- Computer keyboarding skills and a basic understanding of computer business systems is desirable.
- Physical Demands include lifting, carrying, pull/push, stairs.
- The majority of work is conducted in a Shop Environment with some light administration work occasionally required.
We change lives for our employees and partners. Internally, we build futures for our employees who are the backbone of everything we do. Your career path and future are important, and we will support your goals. Externally, our hauls ensure that families have the necessities of life - whether it’s gas for a family vacation, products to care for your toddler, or the cement in your home’s foundation. Trucking is the heart and soul of serving the needs of others and we make your needs a priority at Trimac. No matter their role, we know that everyone working with us makes a difference in the lives of others. Ready to make a difference?”