Director, IT, Houston, TX
Director of IT
At Trimac we change lives.
We build futures for our employees. We believe employees are the backbone to everything that we do.
Our hauls are priceless. They ensure that you and your family have access to valuable necessities that you use in everyday life. Anything from the fuel needed for a cross-country vacation, the paint you used to prepare your new baby’s room, or the cement for the driveway of your first home. No matter the role, we know that everyone working with us makes a difference in the lives of others. Here at Trimac, we have a story to tell. We are a company rich in history and with a large presence across North America.
So, the question is, are you ready to change a life with Trimac?
Trimac is transforming transportation through technology and is seeking a creative and detail-oriented IT leader to help create the environment and applications needed to achieve this goal.
Working closely with the leaders responsible for Strategy, Transformation, Operations and Service Delivery, the Director, IT is responsible for delivering world class and cost effective technology services and solutions that will define Trimac as the leader in the future of Bulk Transportation.
The Director IT regularly interacts with executives, vendors, and contractors along with key internal departments and has significant influence on other IT functions including the User Experience, Project Management Office, Innovation & Integration, and Operations Technology teams.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious and energetic leader to leverage their technical expertise and passion for business to help us disrupt, reconfigure, and redefine our industry.
- Design, manage, and secure appropriate integration of the company’s current and future IT environments
- Develop and maintain multi-year technology strategy and roadmap
- Build strong relationships with all divisions of the company to ensure that current and future technology effectively meets the needs of the business
- Anticipate and assess emerging technology requirements and provide guidance on cost-benefit identification and quantification
- Establish and maintain appropriate governance, financial, and change management processes
- Ensure Operating, Capital & Project initiatives are delivered within cost and resource budgets
- Select, negotiate and develop relationships with key vendors for all new and renewing software, services, consulting, and hardware agreements
- Lead the teams responsible for Networking, On-premises & Cloud infrastructure
- Oversee the Hardware, Telecommunications, & End User Support functions
- Manage day-to-day operations, including directing staff and personally leading critical projects as required
- Strong business acumen merged with a passion for the challenges and opportunities in data-driven transportation
- Ability to translate big picture strategic outcomes into specific IT actions by leveraging significant technical knowledge and project management skills
- Excellent communications skills; ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization and at all levels of technical competence
- Situationally aware and have the ability to dynamically shift between creativity and flexibility
- Ability challenge the status quo and see the art of the possible while remaining realistic and pragmatic in ability to deliver within available resources
- Makes timely and sound decisions despite having limited information
- Well organized, self-directed, and able to establish internal and external strategic relationships
- Expert talent management and team development skills; able to balance formal training and experience with aptitude, interest, and raw potential
- Significant experience with a wide variety of inter-connected systems and applications across on-premises data centres, Vendor SaaS solutions, and Cloud
- Extensive project management and system architecture experience
- Excellent prioritization and triage skills; able to allocate and direct resources to immediate/urgent matters without sacrificing longer term objectives
- Security-savvy and familiar with a wide variety of strategies, practices, and techniques in system design, monitoring and data protection
- Knowledge of various development and project management methodologies; able to select the most appropriate method based on project requirements
- Familiar with the capabilities, requirements, and potential application of advanced and emerging technologies such as: Big Data, AI/ML, IOT, Computer Vision, Mobility, Blockchain & API
- Partner management, contract negotiation and risk management expertise
- 10+ years’ experience in a leadership position in an Information Technology department
- Familiar with 24/7 industrial or maintenance operations in geographically diverse sectors such as mining, ports, utilities, telecommunications, agriculture, oil & gas, heavy machinery repair, or transportation
- Degree in Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Data Science, or equivalent practical experience
Trimac Safety Commitments
- We make Safety a part of every decision
- We make Safety personal
- We have the courage to intervene
This role will be posted until Monday, April 19, 2021 at 8:00am MST.
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.