Diesel Mechanic - Trail BC - $1500 Sign on bonus
Hiring Journeyman/ Apprentice Diesel Truck Mechanic
Hiring Bonus! $1500
The Mechanic is responsible for advanced repairs, diagnostics, and maintenance of diesel-powered tractors and semi-trailers to include PM inspections, tire and wheel maintenance, basic brake, lighting repairs, and safety equipment, as well as ensuring that equipment is maintained to company and DOT compliant standards and is able to submit properly scripted reports indicating condition of equipment.
- Mechanic Journeyman or Apprentice -- 310 J and 310 T/Apprentice 3
- Trailer repair – PM’s, electrical work, brakes, suspension, and product pump rebuilds
- Basic tools required for the position
- Needed to be a Licensed 310T or 310J Technician registered with the college of trades.
- Full-Time 2 positions open - Shifts can be between the hours of 5 AM and 12 AM (Midnight) 7 days a week.
- Shifts are 4 On 3 Off, 10 hours shifts.
- Able to work unsupervised, diagnose and troubleshoot issues, computer skills, Tanker knowledge is a bonus, Welding an asset, complete repairs within the required SRT guide
- Red Seal Journeymen rate is $36.93 per hour, plus shift premiums.
- Extended health benefits
- Pension plan
- Wage Subsidy Program for Apprentices
- Tool allowance - $500.00 per year (after 1 year of service)
- Boot allowance - $175.00 per year (after 1 year of service)
- $1500 Sign-on Bonus
- Maintain equipment in a professional manner
- Follow policies & procedures
- Work safely, using directed PPE
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion as to the Standard Repair Time Guidelines
Trimac Safety Commitment
We make Safety a part of every decision
We make Safety personal
We have the courage to intervene
- Operation of hand tools
- Operation of air tools
- Positive work ethic
- Positive attitude & job performance
- Apprenticeship training to obtain Journeyman “Red Seal” status
- Valid Class 1 Driver License - preferred but not required
- Must be a member of Ontario College of Trades
- May work above shoulder level with power and /or hand tools weighing 15 pounds or less and in confined spaces
- Must meet physical requirements of the position and have mobility, vision, hearing, and sense of smell and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties performed.
- May stand and walk on level and uneven surfaces, twist, bend, push, pull, crouch, climb stairs, bend and crawl, grasp, drag, lift and carry items weighing 50 lbs. or less
- Must be willing and able to work at heights up to 15 feet
Grade 12 or equivalent
Must be a member of College of Trades
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity.
We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
We change lives for our employees and partners. Internally, we build futures for our employees who are the backbone of everything we do. Your career path and future are important, and we will support your goals. Externally, our hauls ensure that families have the necessities of life - whether it’s gas for a family vacation, products to care for your toddler, or the cement in your home’s foundation. Trucking is the heart and soul of serving the needs of others and we make your needs a priority at Trimac. No matter their role, we know that everyone working with us makes a difference in the lives of others. Ready to make a difference?”