Diesel Mechanic- Charlotte, NC
Diesel Mechanic (Tractor/Trailer Mechanic)
Speak with a Recruiter now! 1-888-799-4374
National Tank Services, a division of Trimac, is a North American leader in the cleaning and maintenance industry. With over 39 locations, National Tank Services offers career progression, competitive pay, benefits, and job security.
We are currently seeking an experienced Diesel Mechanic for our shop in Charlotte, NC. If you’re looking for a safety-oriented company, partner with National Tank Services! Our four-tiered Mechanic Development Plan offers unprecedented flexibility as your hard work and experience is reflected in your pay as you move through our positions.
- Commensurate upon experience
- $1500 referral bonus
- Full Time
- Monday - Friday
- Paid weekly direct deposit
- Paid orientation training
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance, disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Dependent Care)
- 401 (K)Profit sharing with company match (fully vested after 3 years)
- Consistent, year-round work
Duties / Responsibilities
- Performs repairs and preventative maintenance on diesel "heavy-duty" trucks primarily, may also work on chemical trailers, including chemical tankers and dry bulk units
- Diesel work duties typically include all aspects of truck repair other than bodywork, including computer diagnostics on engine/transmission/chassis, emissions system repairs, transmission/clutch/linkage; electrical; starting systems; engine PM; A/C; and other typical truck repairs.
- Trailer repair duties typically include checking running gear including brakes, tires/wheels, air systems, suspension, electrical systems & lights.
- Trailer HM183 inspections are performed at this shop, which will not be a requirement of this position but the opportunity to learn these will be present if desired to learn this aspect of trailer repairs
- Both truck and trailer DOT inspections will be done
Experience / Requirements:
- Valid Driver License
- 3 years experience preferred
- Previous experience with all types and makes of tractors and trailers heavy-duty diesel trucks
- Must be able to change/fix tires and wheels
- HM183 certification (preferred)
- No previous driving record involving the consumption of illegal or intoxicating substances in the past 7 years
- May work above shoulder level with power and /or hand tools weighing 15 pounds or less and in confined spaces
- Must meet physical requirements of the position and have mobility, vision, hearing, and sense of smell and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties performed.
- May stand and walk on level and uneven surfaces, twist, bend, push, pull, crouch, climb stairs, bend and crawl, grasp, drag, lift and carry items weighing 50 lbs or less
Trimac Safety Commitments
- We make Safety a part of every decision
- We make Safety personal
- We have the courage to intervene
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.