Diesel Mechanic 3 - Winston-Salem, NC
We offer great opportunities to grow!
SIGN ON BONUS - $2,500.00
Mechanic position with 3 years of experience - Apply today and join our team!
Excellent pay!!! $21.00 - $24.00 per hour
- Mechanic level 3
- Preventative Maintenance on Trailers and Commercial Trailers/Trucks - (Experience on: Auto Transmission, Detroit & Paccar Engines - a HUGE plus)!
- Preventative Maintenance on checking tires, wheels, brakes, air systems, clutch/linkage, starting system, electrical system
- Use of Cutting Torch - Welding skills preferred as well
- Monday-Friday with some flexibility to work overtime (may be requested to work an occasional Saturday)
- Shift: 1st 7:00am
- Paid Weekly Direct Deposit
- Vacation Pay
- Two weeks- Year 1 & 2
- Three Weeks- Years 3-9
- Four Weeks- Years 10-15
- Over 15 years 5 weeks
- Sick pay
- Holiday pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Dependent Care)
- 401 (K)Profit sharing with company match- (Fully vested after 3 years)
Trimac Safety Commitment
- We make Safety a part of every decision
- We make Safety personal
- We have the courage to intervene
- Class C Driver License
- 1 year experience or Tech School Education
- A/C, DOT inspector, AA degree or Tech Institute degree
- Previous experience with all types and makes of tractors and trailers
- No previous driving record involving consumption of illegal or intoxicating substances in the past 10 years
- May work above shoulder level with power and /or hand tools weighing 15 pounds or less and in confined spaces
- Must meet physical requirements of the position and have mobility, vision, hearing, and sense of smell and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties performed.
- May stand and walk on level and uneven surfaces, twist, bend, push, pull, crouch, climb stairs, bend and crawl, grasp, drag, lift and carry items weighing 50 lbs or less
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity.
We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Development Plan and Flexibility
As a National Tank Services Mechanic/Maintenance - level 3 position, you'll have unprecedented flexibility you've never had before by moving through our mechanic developmental plan. We have 5 tiered mechanic positions and your hard work and experience is reflected in your pay as you move through our positions.
We change lives for our employees and partners. Internally, we build futures for our employees who are the backbone of everything we do. Your career path and future are important, and we will support your goals. Externally, our hauls ensure that families have the necessities of life - whether it’s gas for a family vacation, products to care for your toddler, or the cement in your home’s foundation. Trucking is the heart and soul of serving the needs of others and we make your needs a priority at Trimac. No matter their role, we know that everyone working with us makes a difference in the lives of others. Ready to make a difference?”