Apprentice Trailer Mechanic Winnipeg, MB
National Tank Services provides a competitive compensation and benefits package and the ability to grow and develop their employees.
As a global leader in the Maintenance and wash rack industry, they are looking for an experienced Trailer Mechanic to join their team in Winnipeg, MB
Hiring Bonus $2500 for a Journeyman Mechanic - $1000 for 3 or 4th-year apprentice.
- Apprentice Trailer Mechanic / Welder
- Mechanic Experience on truck and trailer
- Frame repair, tank repair experience as well
- Rotating work schedule with a willingness to work day or afternoon or evening shifts, weekend work may be required
- Hourly pay with shift premium for the afternoon, evening shift
- Basic tools required for the position
- Wage $22.18 per hour depending on experience.
- Monday to Friday Afternoon Shift 3pm-11:30pm - Shift Premium $.1.50
- Extended health benefits
- Pension plan
- Tool allowance
- Boot allowance
- Apprenticeship Subsidy Program
- Maintain equipment in a professional manner
- Follow policies & procedures
- Work safely, using directed PPE
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion as to the Standard Repair Time Guidelines
Trimac Safety Commitment
- We make Safety a part of every decision
- We make Safety personal
- We have the courage to intervene
- Operation of hand tools
- Operation of air tools
- Positive work ethic
- Positive attitude & job performance
- Training to obtain Journeyman “Red Seal” status
- Valid Class 1 Driver License - preferred but not required
- May work above shoulder level with power and /or hand tools weighing 15 pounds or less and in confined spaces
- Must meet physical requirements of the position and have mobility, vision, hearing, and sense of smell and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties performed.
- May stand and walk on level and uneven surfaces, twist, bend, push, pull, crouch, climb stairs, bend and crawl, grasp, drag, lift and carry items weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Must be willing and able to work at heights up to 15 feet
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- 2nd-year Trade School Completion
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity.
We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable
As a National Tank Services Mechanic, you'll have unprecedented flexibility you've never had before by moving through our developmental plan. Your hard work and experience is reflected in your pay as you move through our dynamic position
At Trimac we change lives in and out of our company. Internally, we build futures for our employees who we believe are the backbone of everything that we do. Externally, our hauls are priceless because they ensure that you and your family have the necessities to everyday products that we take for granted, like gas for a cross-country family vacation, chemicals that can clean-up behind your toddler or cement for the driveway of your first home. Trucking is the heart and soul of serving the needs of others and we make your needs a priority at Trimac. No matter their role, we know that everyone working with us makes a difference in the lives of others. Ready to change a life at Trimac?