Heavy Duty Mechanic - Sarnia, ON
310T Apprentice or Licensed Heavy Duty Truck Mechanic
National Tank Services, a division of Trimac, is a North American leader in the cleaning and maintenance industry. With over 39 locations, National Tank Services offers career progression, competitive pay, benefits, and job security.
We’re looking for an Apprentice or Licensed Heavy Duty Mechanic Technician for our shop in Sarnia, ON. If you’re looking for a safety-oriented company, partner with National Tank Services!
Heavy Duty Mechanic Pay: Earn up to $19.20 - $32.00/hour (based on experience)
- Full-time, 40 hours per week. Some Weekend work required.
- 6:00 AM start time to 2:30 PM finish, Afternoons 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM
- Shift premium for the evening shift
Heavy Duty Mechanic Benefits:
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Extended health benefits
- Pension plan
- Consistent, year-round work
- Tool allowance after 1 year of service ($600)
- Boot allowance after 1 year of service ($200)
- Yard, shop and office upkeep and maintenance
- Mounting and dismounting of tires for our fleet, and cleaning and care of rims.
- Assist mechanics with some basic maintenance items
- Follow safety and use of proper PPE
- Follow company procedures
- Moderate to Advanced computer skills.
- Valid Class 1 Driver License - preferred but not required
- Tire Technician Training Certificate preferred
- Mobile Truck experience preferred
- Have a valid Ontario Colleges of Trades Certificate
- Operation of hand, air, and pneumatic tools
- Education: Grade 12 or equivalent
- Positive work ethic and attitude
- A family-owned business for 75 years
- 2019 & 2020 Top Fleet Employer
- 2018, 2019, 2020 Supporter of Guard and Reserve in the US
- 2018, 2019, 2020 Top Companies for Women to Work for in Transportation
- Recognized with the Heil Award for Outstanding Safety Performance six times
- Received the “Grand Award” for safety 11 out of 12 times by National Tank Truck Carriers
- Nominated 3 years in a row as one of the “Best Fleets to Drive For” by the Truckload Carriers Association
Trimac Safety Commitments
We make safety a part of every decision
We make safety personal
We have the courage to intervene
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.