Diesel Mechanic - Montreal QC
Journeyman Truck or Trailer Mechanics to join our Team in Pointe Claire, Quebec.
We have many positions available! Come and join our growing team!
Hiring Bonus $2500 for a Journeyman Mechanic - $1000 for 3 or 4th-year apprentice.
Our technicians are responsible for repairs and maintenance of diesel powered tractors and semi-trailers to include PM inspections, tire and wheel maintenance, air brake systems, lighting repairs, and safety equipment, as well as ensuring that equipment is maintained to company and DOT compliant standards and is able to submit properly scripted reports indicating condition of equipment.
- Year 3 or 4 Apprentice or Journeyman Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic
- Maintenance on ISO Containers
- Basic welding skills preferred
- 40 hours per week
- Shift to be 2 pm to 11 pm Monday to Friday
- Hourly pay with shift premium for an evening shift
- Basic tools required for the position
- Extended health benefits
- Pension plan
- Tool allowance - $325.00 per year (after 1 year of service)
- Boot allowance - $250.00 per year (after 1 year of service)
- Maintain equipment in a professional manner
- Follow policies & procedures
- Work safely, using directed PPE
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion as to the Standard Repair Time Guidelines
Trimac Safety Commitment
We make Safety a part of every decision
We make Safety personal
We have the courage to intervene
- Operation of hand tools
- Operation of air tools
- Positive attitude & job performance
- Apprenticeship training to obtain Journeyman
- Valid Class 1 Driver License - preferred but not required
- May work above shoulder level with power and /or hand tools weighing 15 pounds or less and in confined spaces
- Must meet physical requirements of the position and have mobility, vision, hearing, and sense of smell and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties performed.
- Must be willing and able to work at heights up to 15 feet
Grade 12 or equivalent
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity.
We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable
As a National Tank Services Mechanic, you'll have opportunities to grow and expand your skills and knowledge. We will support your professional growth; your hard work dedication can pave the way to an exciting career.
We welcome and encourage face to face interviews so please come and visit our shop located at, 151 Reverchon Street in Pointe Claire, QC H9P 1K1
We change lives for our employees and partners. Internally, we build futures for our employees who are the backbone of everything we do. Your career path and future are important, and we will support your goals. Externally, our hauls ensure that families have the necessities of life - whether it’s gas for a family vacation, products to care for your toddler, or the cement in your home’s foundation. Trucking is the heart and soul of serving the needs of others and we make your needs a priority at Trimac. No matter their role, we know that everyone working with us makes a difference in the lives of others. Ready to make a difference?”