Heavy-Duty Journeyman Mechanic or Apprentice
Heavy Duty Journeyman Mechanic
National Tank Services Shop provides a competitive compensation and benefits package and the ability to grow and develop its employees.
As a global leader in the Maintenance and wash rack industry, we are looking for a Heavy-Duty Journeyman Mechanic or Apprentice to join our team in Calgary, AB.
- Journeyman rate $42.29per hour
- $2.00 shift premium for nights
- $2.00 shift premium for weekends
- $.50 CVIP certified
- .25 B620 certified
- Wednesday-Saturday, 6:00 am - 4:30 pm
Wednesday - Saturday 2:00 pm - 12:30 am
- Extended health benefits.
- Paid biweekly, direct deposit.
- Pension plan.
- Tool allowance.
- Boot allowance.
- Ability to perform CVIP inspections.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems and recommend custom solutions.
- Ability to perform mechanical repairs as required.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan and prioritize work and material requirements and operate independently.
- Expected to play a leading role in implementing and promoting workplace safety and professionalism and recommend positive workplace change.
- Safe and professional work practices are mandatory.
- Demonstrate ability to read and understand written instructions and communications and write job reports, work order summaries, and other record-keeping functions.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems (troubleshoot)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, exercise good judgment and common sense and conduct him/herself professionally.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Must be physically fit and of reasonable strength and endurance to perform the duties required in a tanker trailer shop operation.
- Able to perform duties in all weather conditions.
- JourneymanHD Mechanic.
- CVIP certification is required(Journeyman only).
- Grade 12 graduate.
- Full understanding of all relevant safety and compliance regulations, policies, and generally accepted work practices relating to tanker trailer shop operations.
- Computer keyboarding skills and a basic understanding of computer business systems are required.
- Physical Demands include lifting, carrying, pulling/pushing, and climbing stairs.
- The majority of work is conducted in a Shop Environment with some light administration work occasionally required.
Trimac: Safety is our Core Value
- We make Safety a part of every decision
- We make Safety personal
- We have the courage to intervene
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 158493