At Trimac we change lives. We build futures for our employees. We believe employees are the backbone to everything that we do.
Our hauls are priceless. They ensure that you and your family have access to valuable necessities that you use in everyday life. Anything from the fuel needed for a cross-country vacation, the paint you used to prepare your new baby's room, or the cement for the driveway of your first home. No matter the role, we know that everyone working with us makes a difference in the lives of others. Here at Trimac, we have a story to tell. We are a company rich in history and with a large presence across North America. So, the question is, are you ready to change a life with Trimac?
Reporting to the Dispatch Manager, this Dispatcher will be responsible for communicating the load plan to drivers and customers while also ensuring that all customer requirements are met. An eye for detail is key to the success for someone stepping into this role!
Location: 7887 Grenache Anjou, QC H1J 1C4
Schedule: M-F, 7am-4pm
WHO YOU ARE
- You are an excellent problem solver.
- You are a team player. You cooperate easily and gain trust quickly.
- You are self-motivated and have the able to work with minimal supervision.
- You are detail oriented.
- Responsible for communicating the load plan to drivers and customers.
- Ensure the drivers have the proper instructions to perform their duties safely.
- Listen to all driver concerns and act on them appropriately.
- Ensure the Company meets all customer requirements, and any changes are communicated immediately.
- Ensure the dispatch system is up to date.
- Work hand in hand with the Load Planners.
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency for both the Company and the customer.
- Ensure trailer interior washes are completed where required.
- Ensure all orders and trip events are recorded in the TMW in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Where applicable ensure that invoicing and driver pay are completed daily.
- Where applicable audit TMW reports for compliance requirements.
- Service failure reports are recorded in TMW and brought to the attention of the Branch Manager or designate.
- Ensure that the driver has adequate time to perform his duties safely and within the Hours of Work regulations.
- Ensure all drivers and equipment meet regulatory and corporate compliance.
- Assign the proper equipment for the jurisdiction and the job requirements.
- High School Diploma.
- 3-5 years of related experience and/or training.
- Excel at good communication skills in a team environment
- Experience using a variety of systems.
- General knowledge of the transportation industry
- Candidates with TWM experience will be given preference.
- Considered an asset: post-secondary education.
- Fluent in English as you will be using it primarily to speak with other drivers and shop personnel.
- We make Safety a part of every decision.
- We make Safety personal.
- We have the courage to intervene.