Our hauls are priceless. They ensure that you and your family have access to valuable necessities that you use in everyday life. Anything from the fuel needed for a cross-country vacation, the paint you used to prepare your new baby's room, or the cement for the driveway of your first home. No matter the role, we know that everyone working with us makes a difference in the lives of others.
Trimac Transportation is a leader in the bulk transportation industry with over 140 locations throughout Canada and the US. With over 75 years of service with safety, Trimac offers career progression, competitive pay, benefits, and job security. This is a legacy you want to be a part of!
Over sees the day-to-day operation of Planning and Dispatch activities to balance the company's service and financial objectives. In conjunction with Area Manager is accountable for the financial performance of the business dispatched by their team. Establishes processes and routines to ensure productive and profitable use of equipment and manpower resources. Acts as primary escalation point for customers and internal stakeholders with respect to service and operational performance issues.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Selects, trains ,and onboards Dispatcher and Load Planners
- Conducts employee performance evaluations, establishes goals and resolves performance issues
- Establishes employee schedules to ensure appropriate coverage and service requirements
- Assists and coaches Dispatchers in the management of driver performance & relationships
- Ensures a positive team environment between customers, drivers & dispatcher
- Communicates and provide constructive feedback as required
- Accountable for the financial performance of the business dispatched by their team
- Ensures achievement of key performance indicators (i.e. Revenue mile%, RCR, cost per mile)
- Identifies opportunities for increased profitability
- Supports Area Manager in the development of the budget
- Accountable to maximize utilization of drivers and company assets.
- In conjunction with the Terminal Manager, participates in weekly service and safety reviews
- Collaborate with operations and sales to successfully onboard new customers.
- Primary escalation point for service and operation performance issues
- In conjunction with Service Delivery team, establishes communication protocols with customers
- Order entry, status reporting, exception management, notifications
- Sound knowledge for transportation industry
- Experience in bulk commodities is desirable
- Excellent communication and managerial skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- 5 - 10 years of related experience and/or training
- Experience with computers, good keyboarding skills, and be familiar with Windows.
- Mandatory High School Diploma.
- Relevant experience from previous jobs that would be required before entering this job
TRIMAC SAFETY COMMITMENTS
- We make Safety a part of every decision
- We make Safety personal
- We have the courage to intervene
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
We appreciate your interest and taking the time to apply, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you!