Dispatch Administrator (Temporary)
Are you a highly motivated self-starter who continually looks for new opportunities and initiatives to drive change across the organization? Are you looking for a creative, challenging job that contributes to your community's way of life in a stable industry? Are you highly collaborative and believe that the best results are achieved through strong relationships and partnerships? Trimac is a North American company with over 75 years of history that is geared to embrace a changing, technology-driven future and we're looking for candidates who want to join us on our journey!
The Dispatch Administrator reports to the Dispatch Manager, assisting with trucking operations in our Edmonton Dispatch Service Center. This is a 6-month temporary position.
- Assist with assigning loads to professional truck drivers while matching trucks and trailers to the assigned loads.
- Ensure the drivers have the proper instructions to perform their duties with the right equipment safely.
- Monitor customer load levels and schedule new loads based on information readily at hand.
- Regulate the acquisition and transfer of equipment with the scheduled driver.
- Continually search for and utilize more efficient and economical methods of operation and opportunities for load deliveries to increase profitability.
- Assist with the day-to-day activities of the dispatch service center.
- Ensure the proper maintenance and housekeeping of the dispatch service center and property.
- Maintain clear and adequate liaison and communications with customers.
- Assist with auditing customer invoices before sending them for approval and involving the Dispatch Manager in any discrepancies with charges.
- Process invoices on time to keep AR processes current.
- Audit driver pay to ensure accuracy while verifying work is completed.
- One year of related experience and/or training
- Sound knowledge of the transportation industry
- Experience in bulk commodities is desirable.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Intermediate-level computer skills
- Provincial/State or other vocational or professional certification, trade license, apprenticeship, or degree.
- Mandatory High School Diploma.
- Relevant experience from previous jobs that would be required before entering this job, including time spent in formal apprenticeships.
TRIMAC SAFETY COMMITMENTS
- We make safety a part of every decision.
- We make safety personal.
- We have the courage to intervene.
Trimac Transportation is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
We appreciate your interest and taking the time to apply; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you!
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 170490