Director Talent Management
Director Talent Management (Edmonton, AB)**Growing New Business and Position Re-brand**
Are you a highly motivated self-starter who continually looks for new opportunities and initiatives to drive change across the organization? Are you looking for a creative, challenging job that contributes to your community's way of life in a stable industry? Are you highly collaborative and believe that the best results are achieved through strong relationships and partnerships? Trimac is a North American company with over 75 years of history that is geared to embrace a changing, technology-driven future and we're looking for candidates who want to join us on our journey!
The Director, Talent Management will lead the development and implementation of Talent and Development strategies, programs, and solutions focused on developing and retaining exceptional talent at Trimac. Reporting to the Vice President, People & Culture, this role will lead Talent Management by designing programs that create long-term career opportunities for our employees while driving organizational performance in alignment with our culture and our commitment to providing an exceptional employee experience.
WHO YOU ARE
- Established experience diagnosing talent needs and application of talent management and talent development subject matter expertise across the employee life cycle.
- Strong data analytical ability to translate data into meaningful and actionable insights and the ability to execute a strategy based on those insights focused on cultivating a high-performing culture.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to translate talent management and talent development frameworks and solutions into influential narratives for internal teams and executive stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills, high level of detail orientation, and ability to multitask and prioritize conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and results-driven environment.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- In collaboration with our leaders, identifies, develops, and drives the delivery of our talent strategy to meet our current and future people needs accelerating the strategic growth plans of the business across North America.
- Leads the development of all talent management programs including onboarding, succession planning, talent assessment, top talent identification, and individual development programs to ensure we can meet current and future business goals.
- Partners with the business to implement a talent review process for corporate functions including assessing performance, identifying retention risks and strategies, establishing key talent development plans, succession plans for critical roles, and identifying actions to address talent needs.
- Leads the implementation of the Performance Management process including goal setting, development planning, ongoing Coaching & Feedback building strategies, and implementing plans to enhance leader understanding and capacity in support of a high-performance culture.
- Partners with the business in the development and implementation of engagement strategies and plans.
- Leads other projects that support our culture, employee engagement, and the employee experience as required.
- Responsible for creating measurable talent analytics, establishing metrics to evaluate the impact and effectiveness of talent programs, and adjusting strategies based on insights (e.g. KPI's, Succession Planning, HI Potential development, etc)
- Experience in researching, designing, and implementing people practices such as talent identification, performance management, development programs, and employee experience tools.
- Ability to problem solve, generate new ideas, create insights, and think creatively. Able to re-imagine work, processes, and topics with fresh thinking and bold vision.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience with 4+ years' experience in a specialized Talent, Learning & Development, or Organizational Development role.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development, or a related field
- Functional experience in talent acquisition, onboarding, workforce, and succession planning, employee and leadership development, performance management, and employee engagement initiatives is required.
- We make Safety a part of every decision.
- We make Safety personal.
- We have the courage to intervene.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 190360