Director National Tank Services
Director National Tank Services(Calgary, AB)
Are you a highly motivated self-starter who continually looks for new opportunities and initiatives to drive change across the organization? Are you looking for a creative, challenging job that contributes to your community's way of life in a stable industry? Are you highly collaborative and believe that the best results are achieved through strong relationships and partnerships? Trimac is a North American company with over 75 years of history that is geared to embrace a changing, technology-driven future and we're looking for candidates who want to join us on our journey!
Reporting to the Vice President, National Tank Services, the Director National Tank Services is accountable for the management of Shops and all personnel, customer service for repair and maintenance, and for the enforcement of the B620 / HM183 programs; and Quality Control Manual.
This role interacts with executives, management, direct reports, operating branches, front-line managers, external agents, and regulatory bodies.
WHO YOU ARE
- Strong knowledge of asset maintenance, fleet management, and business systems
- Excellent Communication and managerial skills
- Able to build effective teams, creating a climate in which team members are motivated to perform at high standards
- Able to set clear objectives which challenge team members
- Able to monitor progress and results
- Ability to assemble resources (people, funding, material, support) to achieve organizational goals
- Delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations, monitors delegated activities, and holds people accountable
- Action-oriented self-starter that is able to work with minimal supervision to drive results; and
- Possesses strong prioritization, organizational, and time management skills with attention to detail.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Managing the shop-specific business software solutions and shop equipment annual budget
- Executing planned and unplanned maintenance activities
- Ensuring advanced fleet repair procedures are completed and equipment is kept up to date
- Ensuring alignment across repair locations with common and consistent practices
- Controlling the allocated budget and optimizing expenditures for the repair shops
- Controlling and reviewing large repair estimates
- Ensuring process compliance to regulatory standards of the repair shops, including external repair and service partners
- Ensuring adherence to all Company policies, procedures, and protocols
- Accident reporting and participating in corrective action recommendations
- Recruiting and developing team members with a high emphasis on retention
- Managing the Revenue report and variance between estimated and actual repair costs, and the Productivity report including actual productive working hours against scheduled work time, monthly.
- Accountable for the monthly budget costs and forecast maintenance costs
- Managing the Staff Training, Staff Turnover, and Customer Service Reports
- Accountable for the annual investment budget to renew repair systems and equipment; and
- Performance and compensation reviews of direct reports.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a maintenance services environment and/or related experience in a senior leadership role.
- Post-secondary education is an asset.
- We make Safety a part of every decision.
- We make Safety personal.
- We have the courage to intervene.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 196469