Diesel Technician / Trailer Mechanic
We are currently seeking a Heavy-duty DieselTechnician for our shop in Calvert City, KY.National Tank Services, a division of Trimac, is a North American leader in the cleaning and maintenance industry.
With over 39 locations, National Tank Services offers career progression, competitive pay, benefits, and job security.Our four-tiered Mechanic Development Plan offers unprecedented flexibility as your hard work and experience is reflected in your pay as you move through ourpositions.
Pay: Starting at $23/hr
- Monday - Friday
- 3rd shift 11pm- 7:30am (will train on dayshift then transition into 3rd shift)
- Paid weekly direct deposit
- Paid orientation training
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance, disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Dependent Care)
- 401 (K)Profit sharing with company match (fully vested after 3 years)
- Consistent, year-round work
- Performs repairs and preventative maintenance on diesel "heavy-duty" trucks primarily, may also work on chemicaltrailers, including chemical tankers and dry bulk units
- Diesel work duties typically include all aspects of truck repair other than bodywork, including computer diagnostics on engine/transmission/chassis, emissions system repairs, transmission/clutch/linkage; electrical; starting systems; engine PM; A/C; and other typical truck repairs.
- Trailer repair duties typically include checking running gear including brakes, tires/wheels, air systems, suspension, electrical systems & lights. Trailer HM183 inspections are performed at this shop, which will not be a requirement of this position but the opportunity to learn these will be present if desired to learn this aspect of trailer repairs.
- Truck and trailer DOT inspections.
- Valid Driver License or ID
- 3-4 years experience preferred
- Previous experience with all types and makes of tractors and trailers heavy-duty diesel trucks
- Must be able to change/fix tires and wheels
- HM183 certification (preferred)
- May work above shoulder level with power and /or hand tools weighing 15 pounds or less and in confined spaces
- Must meet physical requirements of the position and have mobility, vision, hearing, and sense of smell and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties performed.
- May stand and walk on level and uneven surfaces, twist, bend, push, pull, crouch, climb stairs, bend and crawl, grasp, drag, lift and carry items weighing 50 lbs or less
Past 3years without:
- No previous driving record involving the consumption of illegal or intoxicating substances
Trimac Safety Commitment
- We make Safety a part of every decision
- We make Safety personal
- We have the courage to intervene
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity.We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
76 West C Avenue, Calvert City
Speak with a Recruiter today!1-866-8TRIMAC