Corporate Recruiter & Retention Engagement
Corporate Recruiter & Retention Engagement (Calgary, AB)
Are you a highly motivated self-starter who continually looks for new opportunities and initiatives to drive change across the organization? Are you looking for a creative, challenging job that contributes to your community's way of life in a stable industry? Are you highly collaborative and believe that the best results are achieved through strong relationships and partnerships? Trimac is a North American company with over 75 years of history that is geared to embrace a changing, technology-driven future and we're looking for candidates who want to join us on our journey!
The Corporate Recruiter & Retention Engagement position contributes to the culture of talent by leading recruitment initiatives and developing talent pathways to support recruitment and retention at Trimac. The Corporate Recruiter & Retention Engagement fulfills an integral role in building community networks and strategies focused on hiring the best people to meet our current and future people needs. The Corporate Recruiter & Retention Engagement role will lead and participate in initial research and candidate sourcing, and develop strong relationships with the community, including college and university partnerships. The Corporate Recruiter & Retention role is responsible for all aspects of recruitment and onboarding processes for the corporate administrative positions required for the company.
WHO YOU ARE
- Competency in full life cycle recruiting required
- Understanding of HR practices and labor legislation preferred
- Working knowledge of talent management software and application tracking systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A professional yet approachable demeanor
- The ability to protect confidential information
- The ability to adapt to changes
- Can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Responsible for full-cycle recruitment including job postings, sourcing and resume review, pre-screening, interviews, and pipeline tracking.
- Continuously identifying, building, and maintaining a strong talent pipeline and sourcing the best applicants to fill vacancies.
- Work closely with hiring managers to develop retention and recruitment strategies to support current and forecasted recruitment needs.
- Prepares and posts job descriptions to online job boards or circulates them via other channels, such as email or social media.
- Analyzing existing talent acquisition procedures and developing new, more efficient methods of finding qualified candidates
- Creates and develops sourcing strategies as required.
- Manage all communication with candidates and conduct full life cycle recruitment. (Internal and external)
- Performs all recruitment activities including sourcing, screening, and qualifying candidates, providing client interview recommendations and coordination, filling vacancies, conducting reference checks, providing onboarding support, and documenting activity within the applicant tracking system.
- Use skill assessment tools and tests to screen candidates.
- Networking with industry professionals and keeping abreast of developments in talent acquisition.
- Uses traditional and non-traditional resources, such as career fairs, on-campus recruiting, community networking events, online job fairs, and more to identify and attract quality talent
- Maintains awareness of current trends and literature related to talent acquisition, Human Resources trends, and best practices develops strategic stakeholder relationships, and continually assists with current issues and innovative recruitment initiatives.
- Significant experience with drafting, interpreting, and implementing job descriptions
- Minimum 3 years of corporate recruiting experience in a distribution, manufacturing, or transportation environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Human Resources, or a related field
- Solid understanding of full-cycle recruitment practices
- Experience with understanding and interpreting recruitment KPIs and formulating strategies.
- Understanding of Human Resources principles and legislations that affect recruiting.
- We make Safety a part of every decision.
- We make Safety personal.
- We have the courage to intervene.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 163566