Programmer Analyst-Calgary, Alberta
The Programmer Analyst position reports to the Team Lead, Applications Development and will participate as a member of project development teams. The candidate requires strong SQL / interface-development skills and proven experience in creating/updating interfaces between front/back office systems.
- Work with clients to define and document the business problem, requirements and solution.
- Develop and update interfaces/software in accordance with the frameworks/SDLC/processes that are in place.
- Author, execute and document test cases to validate solutions.
- Preparing solution documentation for reference purposes by other IT team members.
- Work independently and as part of a larger team in the development of the solution.
- Adhere to the defined change management processes to manage solutions successfully through to production environments.
- Support operation by training user personnel and providing system support as needed.
- Collaborate with team members and 3rd party resources to develop, implement and support solutions.
- Application support as assigned by the Team Lead, providing support services and assistance to the Applications Support team.
- Install, configure and validate in-house and 3rd party software as needed for solution implementation.
Minimum 7 - 10 years’ experience in systems development with an emphasis on system integration including:
- Current state documentation - discovery/reverse-engineering
- System documentation -use-case/data-flow/design-documentation
- Data conversion/cleansing
- Batch/real-time data processes
- Audit/transaction/reconciliation reporting
- Advanced/Expert SQL query writing/tracing/tuning skills
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016
- Microsoft SSIS/SSRS
- Microsoft ASP.NET/C#
- Strong written/oral communication skills at both the technical/business level
- Self-starter with ability to work effectively with internal business users and external service providers/vendors.
- Experience in ITIL Change Management/Quality Assurance practices
- Ability to adapt between independent and team projects, in the role of member/leader/mentor
- Experience delivering projects using various methodologies (agile/waterfall)
- Ability to manage time among multiple assignments in a busy, fast-paced work environment
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent Technical degree in Information Systems