Operations Manager-Dawson Creek, British Columbia
Operations Manager Position-Dawson Creek
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the branch. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of transportation or logistics experience would be a definite asset.
This position is responsible for:
- Directing and managing the day-to-day operations of the branch.
- Developing and preparing operation plans, programs and schedules, budgets, and forecasts.
- Ensuring the most effective utilization of facilities, equipment and manpower using continuous improvement tools.
- Supervising loading staff, with an emphasis on open communication.
- Creating and maintaining positive relations with our customers.
- Ensuring that the day-to-day operating policies and procedures are adhered to at the Branch.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of group leadership and commitment to quality.
- An entrepreneurial business orientation and a demonstrated achievement in bottom-line results.
- Computer skills are necessary.
- High School Diploma required.
- Some post-secondary preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years' management/operations experience in the transload or transportation business.
TRIMAC HEALTH AND SAFETY
Each employee/independent contractor/independent contractor driver is responsible to ensure they are aware of and comply with the organization’s Safety Policy.
It is the individual's responsibility to become aware of the posted Canada Labour Code governing Health & Safety issues as well as their provincial Occupational Health and Safety Legislation.
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity.
We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Due to the high-volume nature of this role only selected candidates will be contacted.