Dispatcher-Pointe Claire, Quebeca
Trimac Transportation is looking for an experienced Dispatcher. Come join our Team! The Trimac family believes in self-development, career progression and being a leader in the bulk transportation industry. The candidate must have bilingual French.
In accordance with current Operating Standards, Company Policies, and Procedures and in the best interests of the Company its customers, contractors, employees and the Public, the Traffic Supervisors responsibilities include:
- Ensure the drivers have the proper instructions to perform their duties safely.
- Listen to all driver concerns and act on them appropriately as they relate to
- Drivers ability to perform his duties effectively
- Opportunities that would increase efficiency for both the Company and the customer
- Dispatch drivers using a fair and consistent approach
- Coordinate the daily assignment of company and contracted resources to maximize equipment utility and payload while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Coordinate the servicing and inspection of branch equipment daily with the shop personnel.
- Ensure trailer interior washes are completed where required.
- Ensure all orders and trip events are recorded in the TMW in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Where applicable ensure that invoicing and driver pay are completed daily.
- Where applicable audit TMW reports for compliance requirements.
- Ensure the Company meets all customer requirements and any changes are communicated immediately.
- Service failure reports are recorded in TMW and brought to the attention of the Branch Manager or designate.
Safety and Regulatory
- Ensure that the driver has adequate time to perform his duties safely and within the Hours of Work regulations.
- Ensure all drivers and equipment meet regulatory and corporate compliance.
- Assign the proper equipment for the jurisdiction and the job requirements.
- Good knowledge of the transportation industry.
- Experience in bulk and/or hazardous commodities is desirable.
- Advanced communication and managerial skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience in a computerized environment.
Education / Specific Training / ExperienceHigh School Diploma required.
- Post-secondary education is preferred.
- Two to three years of related experience and/or training.
- Trimac Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer