Brokerage Sales, Mississauga, Ontario
Trimac Transportation is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager with 5+ years of experience to join our team. This ideal candidate will have previous transportation experience and is motivated in developing contacts and new business for Trimac’s brokerage division. The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop and oversee a marketing team to elevate Trimac’s presence in the North American 3PL arena.
- Develop and maintain a book of new freight brokerage business through customer direct relationships with industry contacts.
- Introduction of third party freight services to existing corporate accounts, offering additional modes/equipment to enhance our service offerings to clients.
- Develop a plan through collaborative efforts to support newly acquired business.
- Goal setting/budgeting to meet short term and long term initiatives
- Assist in expanding carrier network to support business growth, geographical, carrier capabilities, additional trailer types.
- Engage with Trimac marketing team to seek out niche opportunities across North America footprint.
- Identify potential backhaul opportunities for the truck-line
- Work with the credit/collection department to confirm creditworthiness and downstream support when required
Job Skills Necessary:
Experience and proven track record in:
- Effective communicator, written and oral
- Value-based selling
- Relationship building
- Customer Service
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Salesforce, TMW (or other transportation software)
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines
- Self-starter, shows initiative and motivation to grow
- A minimum of 5 years in a transportation business development position
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of non-asset truck brokerage experience preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of acting as the customer point of contact; strong operational background with a track record of providing the highest levels of service delivery
- A strong relationship with carriers (bulk trucking carriers preferred, but not required)